Inn on Mackinac
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
See available hotels
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscheese and crackersspa poolcookiesoatmealfront porchespresso barwrap around porchhot tubhot cocoapeople watchingcold cerealfudgean older buildingthe hustle and bustlewould definitely stay here againshort walkold victorian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Excellent location in town. Staff were very accommodating. Cheese and crackers and lemonade in the lobby in the afternoon. Room was clean and comfortable except for shower. It was very small with no place to put soap or other shower accessories. Cookies are advertised but if you are not in your room you'll miss them. A lady goes around knocking on your door announcing "cookies". We were leaving to go out to dinner just as she came by so we got our "2". My sister and her husband missed them. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices including waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. Plenty of juice and coffee. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Edward0236
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Inn on Mackinac on September 21st and 22nd. We originally booked the Cozy Colonial, but was informed at check-in that we had been upgraded to a room with a balcony. The balcony was big with a table and four chairs! I was a really nice surprise. The motel was warm and friendly with an amazing staff. The free breakfast was great, rivaling any breakfast buffet I have ever had. The have cheese and crackers out every afternoon which makes for a nice afternoon snack. The big porch on the second floor was very nice. Lots of chairs for people to sit on and watch the carriages and people go by. This motel has a lot of extra public rooms to gather and relax before going back out and enjoying the Island. I would recommend this motel to all my friends, and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yooperchick67
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Inn on Mackinac three times now and I love it. It has the feeling of a bed and breakfast, but with all of the amenities of a hotel. The breakfast is great, you get fresh baked cookies every night, and they have a front porch that is perfect for people watching. I also enjoyed the spa pool. The online discount is great as well. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been going to the Island all my life, and have stayed in numerous places, but this was my favorite. It could be the location- close enough to town but far enough for some quiet time as well.
The staff was exceptional!! Very friendly greeting from the young man at the dock to the clerk and housekeeping. We stayed in rm 201, turret room with queen. Nice and close to covered porch. Which was great to sit and watch the people go by with a cup of the free all day coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I can't forget to mention the cookies that were delivered to our rooms at bedtime. Yummy!! From the photos on line, I assumed we would not have a t.v. I was kinda bummed , but I would survive. However, when we settled into our little piece of heaven there was a t.v. after all. Bonus!! I agree with some of the other reviews about the noise from the house next door. I heard a large group at about 3:30 am. I know the Inn cannot control this , so I can not blame them. The breakfast was good with a nice selection of food. Overall, I loved our stay and will make my reservations here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in front give you a great view of street
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kfitz62
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were allocated a turret room which was just lovely but tiny. No hanging for clothes and no hairdryer. Asked and received a dryer but with 2 large cases open we didnt have any room to move. I was dissappointed! I agree with most of the positive reviews with the exception of the breakfast......I am sorry but when paying this sort of money I expect a bit better than powdered egg scramble, rubbery french toast and having this on a self serve style. We have done b & b's in other areas and never had buffet. The pool/hot tub was very nice and had plenty of towels and beds. The Inn is kept spotless and we enjoyed time on the porch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dominomags
InnonMackinac, General Manager at Inn on Mackinac, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We are sorry about the miscommunication. There is a spacious closet to the right of the bathroom with hanging space for your clothing and storage of suitcases. We also do have additional hairdryers at the front desk if your room does not have one.