“Great location, great price, and fudge...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Based on positive reviews here, we recently stayed at the Main Street Inn for our first trip to Mackinac Island. We were not let down. The location is perfect, right off the ferry dock and in the heart of the downtown area. We stayed in a deluxe standard room that faced out the back of the hotel, and though it did not feature a great view it was probably much quieter than rooms facing Main Street. The room was large, very clean, and cheerfully decorated. And turndown service each night included some of the Island’s fabled fudge, as well as a coupon at checkout for a free half pound on our way out!

While we would have loved to have stayed at the Grand Hotel, we figured we saved close to a thousand dollars staying at the Main Street Inn, and spending the afternoon at the Grand eating lunch and having drinks. Plus the Main Street Inn is much more convenient for taking a carriage tour, renting bikes, or trying one of the local restaurants.

Many of our friends on the east coast have sadly never been to Mackinac Island, or even heard of it. But we’ve sang the praises of the Island, and the Main Street Inn as the place to stay, since our return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We were very pleased with Main Street Inn and Suites. It was in the perfect location, had large rooms, comfortable beds, pleasant staff, and nightly turn down service complete with complimentary fudge. The rates were very reasonable. Check-in and Check-out was quick and easy. The location was perfect---very close to the ferry docks and restaurants and shops. The room was large, clean, and nicely decorated. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I just returned from the Main Street Inn and Suites after our annual "girls weekend". This was our fifth stay there and as always it was excellent! We also appreciated the extra touches since this stay corresponded with a special birthday this year. The staff was also exceptional at addressing an issue we had with our room. As always the room itself was very neat, clean and tidy. In the past 20 years I have stayed at many of the other hotels and bed & breakfast places on the island but this is by far my favorite place. It is located in the center of town which makes it easy access to all of the restaurants, shops, and ferry locations. Mackinac Island itself is one of the most beautiful locations in Michigan and this hotel represents the feel of the island.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was my first time to Mackinac Island and this hotel was the perfect choice. We arrived early on the island and a hotel staffer met us at the ferry, brought our bags to the hotel, and the hotel even called us when our room was available for early check in (2 hours). The room was exceptional we had a large balcony overlooking main street (rm 209 & 204) and a room in the back of the hotel with a window. Both rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were soft and we had a couple of cozy robes hanging in our closets. The location was also key, right in the middle of everything. Thank you Main Street Inn. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We came for our 5th anniversary with our infant son. My husband originally suggested the Iroquois (which a friend had stayed at and loved) but I compared the rooms and it was more than double! Plus there were a few reviews of the Iroquois which gave me pause; but across the board this place had great reviews and I must add mine.

From the moment we got off the ferry, it's a short walk to the building. The lady at the reception desk greeted us (actually every time we went in or out the desk person greeted us with a smile, but not in a weird creepy way).
Our room was great. It was very clean. The bed was a real comfortable king (not one of those fake twins pushed together) There was a little refrigerator and sink, great for snacks and drinks. The decor was in keeping with the theme of the island/building, but it didn't seem overly done or cheesy.
I was a little worried my baby wouldn't nap since it is right on the main street, but that wasn't a problem. I wouldn't say it was pin drop quiet with the balcony doors shut, but much better than I expected. I only heard other guests when we/they were outside in the hallway, but never through the walls.
I love this site and I (knock wood) have never had a bad experience because I always read the reviews of places I'm thinking of staying.
Main Street Inn is a lovely hotel, reasonably priced, and the staff was great. I would stay there again in heartbeat.

1  Thank angelmake
Reviewed July 5, 2010

When we saw the hotel, we knew it was the right one! Beautifully decorated rooms, each one was different. Loved the colors and patterns! Right across the ferrys and great main street. Loved the fudge they brought each evening. Service was friendly and great! Very clean and comfortable. Definately would stay here again! Loved the unique shops. Our room didn't have a view, but the suites did!

Reviewed June 27, 2010

I have been going to Mackinac Island for years but have always stayed on the mainland. As I checked hotel prices that day, I decided to splurge and spend just a bit more to stay on the island with my kids. The check-in area of the hotel is impressive and we loved the classical music playing (my son studies music). We had a deluxe inside room and it was amazing! NOT your standard hotel room - we had down comforters and pillows, comfy, soft beds, marble vanity and floor with quality fixtures and oh so thick towels! We did not have a window but a skylight was above one of the beds which had an electric operated blind. It was so cool to look out at the stars! It was the cleanest room I have stayed in as well (and I am very picky, often having to switch rooms at the usual hotel chains). We went out to enjoy the island and upon our arrival back to the room we found the beds turned down, and a piece of fudge awaiting us. If you haven't stayed on the island before, consider this hotel - many of the others do not offer a.c., or if they do, they have noisy window units. You will not be disappointed. As to the other remarks about noise, I did see a sign posted by the elevator that guests are asked to be considerate of other guests and to observe a 'quiet time' at night.
We will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank musimom