All reviewsjoann's fudgeturn down servicemain streetsmall boxone bedroom suitesmall balconychuck wagonshepler's ferryplace to stayperfect locationfront desk stafflemon waterdelicious fudgeother hotelscoffee makerwet bareach evening
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We returned here for a long weekend in August and were fortunate to get the two bedroom family suite. What a beautiful, spacious room. We really enjoyed having a king sized bed for the adults and 2 queen beds for our 3 children (love the privacy!). The large sitting area and kitchenette were perfect for ordering in pizza, lounging in the evenings and relaxing. But my favorite part of this hotel is the location above Main Street. We absolutely LOVE sitting on the balcony with a bottle of wine and taking in the fresh air, people watch, and looking out at the water. We also used the big game room right outside our door to play some family games and we enjoyed the lemon water and coffee. The staff is exceptionally helpful, arranging a taxi for us to the Grand Hotel brunch one morning and taking care of a slow running toilet (not the hotel's fault!) promptly. The beds are more comfortable than our beds at home and as a rule, the floor is very quiet. LOVE this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if at all possible.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganMom71
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write us such a nice review! I love hearing that our guests had a peaceful, fun, family time! We hope your 3rd stay is even better, and hope we get to see you soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Love The Main Street Inn. My favorite place to stay on the island with girlfriends. Front desk kids are the best, always getting the door as we bring our bikes in for the night or out for the day. We love the rooms overlooking Main Street. Windows open for fresh air and too hear the clip clopping is horses. Love the sounds of the island waking up and going to sleep. Perfect location and the coffee and infused water set out everyday is a plus.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank oogeybootsMichigan
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Thank you so much for such a lovely response! The "clip clop" is also one of my favorite sounds on the island! We are so pleased that you have chosen our place as your favorite, and look forward to your return! Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here several years in a row and enjoy the room, location, and price. This year was different. I didn’t catch her name but the bleach blonde desk employee was condescending and rude (but with a big smile across her face) each time my husband or I interacted with her. We left our luggage at the front desk for an hour or so after we checked out and she kept insisting we would have to check our bags when boarding the ferry. I was so confused about the baggage tags which is why we discussed this. I told her we come every year once or twice and have never left our bags. This is when she of course knew better than me. It was our 13th wedding anniversary which they knew about because I mentioned it several times prior to our stay and the morning of emailed and requested glasses in our room (which were not there yet upon check-in that evening). There were birthdays and other anniversary’s mentioned in the glass case inside the elevator but not ours for our 4 day trip. Disheartening. We were lacking a freshly stocked room after room service cared for our room one day which left us with no shampoo and conditioner for the 4 of us. Worst of all there was a carpet tack strip with tiny rusted nails sticking straight upward completely exposed right in front of the balcony door in which our young children pierced their feet multiple times throughout our trip. My husband and I had to take caution walking outside as well. We paid over $1,000 just for the accommodations and I’ll tell you we’ve stayed at a handful of other hotels on island and we will not come back here again after this. If you want a SAFE room for yourself and your children, and a nice staff take your money elsewhere. We are looking into a fall island trip now for our third trip this year and expect a better experience at any other hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Jessica J
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hello Jessica,

I sincerely apologize if I came across as condescending as you were checking out. You were very reluctant to let us tag your bags, however, we tag every single piece of luggage that is left in the lobby, even if we are only holding it for a few moments. We tend to get a lot of luggage, and it would be very easy to confuse the luggage groupings if they were not all tagged. This is a universal practice among hotels, and is meant for the security of your luggage. I did not mean to come off as rude, I just really cannot allow guests to leave bags without tags, and I apologize if my insistence came off as anything other than wanting the best for your belongings.

We are also very sorry for the tacks in your carpet. We were unaware of the situation, and had we been made aware, we would have sent maintenance to fix it immediately. Thank you for letting us know about the problem, I have a maintenance man upstairs checking every single room at this moment, to fix your room,and any others we may have missed. Guest safety is extremely important to us, and we are fixing the problem as I write this.

We hope you will reconsider a stay with us in the future, and hope you have a lovely rest of your summer.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

My mother, sister, and I have enjoyed staying at Main Street for a weekend each summer for the past decade. Every year, it's like "coming home!" We love it and cannot speak highly enough of the location, comfort, and sheer loveliness. Located right on Main Street (hence, the name ... ), you're right in the middle of shops, restaurants, and near to the docks. Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We have made the Main Street Inn our Mackinac Island home. We love the location, the rooms, the decor and the friendly staff. Who can resist the fudge treat with turndown service? We love walking out of the inn and being right on Main Street or sitting on the balcony watching and listening to the sights and sounds unique to the island.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Hilary T
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! I absolutely love that you consider Main Street Inn to be your home away from home! We look forward to seeing you next year!