All reviews joann's fudge turn down service main street small box one bedroom suite honeymoon suite deluxe standard chuck wagon small balcony shepler's ferry place to stay lemon water perfect location housekeeping staff delicious fudge other hotels coffee maker
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here several years in a row and enjoy the room, location, and price. This year was different. I didn’t catch her name but the bleach blonde desk employee was condescending and rude (but with a big smile across her face) each time my husband or I interacted with her. We left our luggage at the front desk for an hour or so after we checked out and she kept insisting we would have to check our bags when boarding the ferry. I was so confused about the baggage tags which is why we discussed this. I told her we come every year once or twice and have never left our bags. This is when she of course knew better than me. It was our 13th wedding anniversary which they knew about because I mentioned it several times prior to our stay and the morning of emailed and requested glasses in our room (which were not there yet upon check-in that evening). There were birthdays and other anniversary’s mentioned in the glass case inside the elevator but not ours for our 4 day trip. Disheartening. We were lacking a freshly stocked room after room service cared for our room one day which left us with no shampoo and conditioner for the 4 of us. Worst of all there was a carpet tack strip with tiny rusted nails sticking straight upward completely exposed right in front of the balcony door in which our young children pierced their feet multiple times throughout our trip. My husband and I had to take caution walking outside as well. We paid over $1,000 just for the accommodations and I’ll tell you we’ve stayed at a handful of other hotels on island and we will not come back here again after this. If you want a SAFE room for yourself and your children, and a nice staff take your money elsewhere. We are looking into a fall island trip now for our third trip this year and expect a better experience at any other hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
3  Thank jessicajX6269GA
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hello Jessica,

I sincerely apologize if I came across as condescending as you were checking out. You were very reluctant to let us tag your bags, however, we tag every single piece of luggage that is left in the lobby, even if we are only holding it for a few moments. We tend to get a lot of luggage, and it would be very easy to confuse the luggage groupings if they were not all tagged. This is a universal practice among hotels, and is meant for the security of your luggage. I did not mean to come off as rude, I just really cannot allow guests to leave bags without tags, and I apologize if my insistence came off as anything other than wanting the best for your belongings.

We are also very sorry for the tacks in your carpet. We were unaware of the situation, and had we been made aware, we would have sent maintenance to fix it immediately. Thank you for letting us know about the problem, I have a maintenance man upstairs checking every single room at this moment, to fix your room,and any others we may have missed. Guest safety is extremely important to us, and we are fixing the problem as I write this.

We hope you will reconsider a stay with us in the future, and hope you have a lovely rest of your summer.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 5, 2018

My mother, sister, and I have enjoyed staying at Main Street for a weekend each summer for the past decade. Every year, it's like "coming home!" We love it and cannot speak highly enough of the location, comfort, and sheer loveliness. Located right on Main Street (hence, the name ... ), you're right in the middle of shops, restaurants, and near to the docks. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We have made the Main Street Inn our Mackinac Island home. We love the location, the rooms, the decor and the friendly staff. Who can resist the fudge treat with turndown service? We love walking out of the inn and being right on Main Street or sitting on the balcony watching and listening to the sights and sounds unique to the island.

2  Thank Hilary T
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! I absolutely love that you consider Main Street Inn to be your home away from home! We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Having just returned from an overnight stay on Mackinac Island, I would highly recommend Main Street Inn and Suites for your accommodation while on the island. Having been my first visit, I have described this trip to friends and family as a walk back in time. From the moment you get off the ferry, I was at awe with the overall experience. Main Street Inn and Suites only topped that experience off. Such comfy beds, decor was quaint and the front desk team (one awesome and wonderful lady) answered all our questions, very friendly and welcoming! The rest of the island is for you to experience! Will certainly return in the future! Thanks Main Street Inn and Suites for such a great experience! PS...fudge was great!

1  Thank Nicole L

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and for your recommendation!

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I feel so lucky to have gotten a room at the Inn. It is so conveniently located. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The best part though is the service. Kristen and her staff go above and beyond to make sure each guest feels like family. They think of all the special touches to make the stay special. We definitely will be going back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank laurieo9