“Great again!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Main Street Inn and Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Ann Arbor
“Great again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

This hotel is perfect for what my family is looking for. It is cozy and clean!!! I have no idea what that joker is talking about. It tells you that the interior rooms have no windows. I have been in those rooms and they are very nice as well. Don't waste your time reading that post. Stay here if you like cozy, clean hotels with friendly staffs.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank GoSteelersGo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
noodle_dumpling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

I stayed in the deluxe interior room, which has a skylight instead of windows. I was worried about it feeling claustrophobic, but it really did not bother me. I was up in the morning and out all day until after dinner so really did not miss having a view much. The skylight was a little bright in the morning, but I didn't bother looking for a way to shut the blinds since I have trouble getting up in the mornings and needed the help anyways. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom had marble floors and looked clean and updated. The towels were soft and fluffy. The only comment I would make is that the shower pressure was a little on the weak side for my taste, and I didn't like the shampoo/conditioner that they had. Definitely would stay there again! Loved the little box of fudge they leave at night. Also, staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Allen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

I made a reservation based on the reviews. The suite room was not available. We stayed in a Deluxe Standard Interior Room. The room has no windows (except skylights) and a kind of prison. If there is no suite room available, you should better pick the other hotels.
Otherwise, location is really convenience.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank tigsmo
Rochester MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

I travel to Mackinac Island every year to play vintage base ball, so I've stayed at many places there. The Main Street Inn is among the least expensive, but is the best place I've stayed. It is easily the best value on the island!! And it's right in the middle everything!They don't have many rooms, so book early!! I'll see you again in 2009!!

• Stayed July 2007
5 Thank anvil1
Down State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

We had our annual girls weekend and decided to stay at the Main Street Inn because of it's downtown location. Everyone in our group had the nicest things to say about the hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful, they were able to answer all our questions, and didn't seem annoyed by us pestering them. I liked the fact that they let you look around at the other rooms while they are cleaning them. The turn down service was sweet, the fudge was SO GOOD, and it came at just the right time :)

It was the most convenient place to stay, located in the heart of downtown, close to night life and restaurants.

We will definitely be staying there again and again for years to come. It was a great experience, you have to book a room here if you are going to the Island.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank shorty512
West Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

Main Street's location is conveniently located within walking distance of Shepplers Ferry, as well as most sightseeing attractions.

The staff was knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Turn down service included a small box of fudge. A nice touch.

The room was immaculate, welcoming, and very comfortable. We stayed in a standard king room which is perhaps smaller than others but it suited our needs perfectly. Laura Ashley type furnishings made the room bright and cheerful. Good shower, comfy bed.

We could occasionally hear voices from the other room, but it wasn't loud or unbearable. The hotel could use a little more sound proofing.

Getting there: We were very pleased with the professional and prompt service offered by Sheppler's Ferry. Courteous and efficient. Convenient ferry schedule. Since we went over October 21 we did not make reservations and it was not very busy. We had no problem with parking or getting on the ferry.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Village Inn restaurant is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and has really good food - their whitefish soup is awesome. Good food, good service, open year round except for 2 weeks, and very reasonable prices.

Lunch at the Grand Hotel was fun. $10 just to get into the hotel which can be credited against their $35 luncheon buffet. We opted for soup and sandwich and skipped the huge buffet. Just way too much food.

• Liked — Immaculate, welcoming and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Liked it all pretty well. The hotel could use a little insulation between the rooms.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MimiSmith
CHICAGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed on Macinaw Island for the first time. I picked Main Strret Inn based on trip advisor reviews. We loved our visit. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The room was spacious, clean, and nicley decorated. I loved the balcony! The view of the Lake was great and it was fun to watch the people walking down main street. It was great to be located near the shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed the fudge delivery too. I would highly recomended this place to stay and I am VERY pickey! I enjoyed the a.m. sunset walks by the lake and the bike ride around the island. The carriage tour was also great! I love the charm of the island. Shepplers ferry boat ride was awesome, organized, and professional. I would recomended going at the end of october. The island was not too crowded, thew leaves were beautiful, and the weather was great! I loved my stay at Macinaw Island. I will be dreaming of going back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Liked — ALL
  • Disliked — ALL
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CHECKMATE9