Main Street Inn and Suites
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$169
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$161
  • Pool
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Hotwire.com
$190
Travelocity
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjoann's fudgeturn down servicemain streetone bedroom suitesmall boxsmall balconybay windowchuck wagonshepler's ferryplace to stayperfect locationfront desk staffdelicious fudgelemon waterjacuzzi tubcoffee makereach evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Main Street's location is conveniently located within walking distance of Shepplers Ferry, as well as most sightseeing attractions.

The staff was knowledgable, helpful and friendly. Turn down service included a small box of fudge. A nice touch.

The room was immaculate, welcoming, and very comfortable. We stayed in a standard king room which is perhaps smaller than others but it suited our needs perfectly. Laura Ashley type furnishings made the room bright and cheerful. Good shower, comfy bed.

We could occasionally hear voices from the other room, but it wasn't loud or unbearable. The hotel could use a little more sound proofing.

Getting there: We were very pleased with the professional and prompt service offered by Sheppler's Ferry. Courteous and efficient. Convenient ferry schedule. Since we went over October 21 we did not make reservations and it was not very busy. We had no problem with parking or getting on the ferry.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Village Inn restaurant is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and has really good food - their whitefish soup is awesome. Good food, good service, open year round except for 2 weeks, and very reasonable prices.

Lunch at the Grand Hotel was fun. $10 just to get into the hotel which can be credited against their $35 luncheon buffet. We opted for soup and sandwich and skipped the huge buffet. Just way too much food.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MimiSmith
Reviewed October 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed on Macinaw Island for the first time. I picked Main Strret Inn based on trip advisor reviews. We loved our visit. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The room was spacious, clean, and nicley decorated. I loved the balcony! The view of the Lake was great and it was fun to watch the people walking down main street. It was great to be located near the shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed the fudge delivery too. I would highly recomended this place to stay and I am VERY pickey! I enjoyed the a.m. sunset walks by the lake and the bike ride around the island. The carriage tour was also great! I love the charm of the island. Shepplers ferry boat ride was awesome, organized, and professional. I would recomended going at the end of october. The island was not too crowded, thew leaves were beautiful, and the weather was great! I loved my stay at Macinaw Island. I will be dreaming of going back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CHECKMATE9
Reviewed October 14, 2008

My family stayed here in Mid October, just before most of the attractions (The fort, butterfly house, etc.) were closing down for the year. The room was clean and new. The room had two queen size beds, jacuzzi, sitting room and balcony, all were great. My only minor gripe would be the lack of shower water pressure.

With this hotel being right on main street it's a stones throw from the Sheplers Ferry dock and walking distance to most of the main sightseeing attractions.

The staff was knowledge, helpful and friendly. They also have a turn down service and leave a tiny box of fudge!

The room was pricey, however worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank M W
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We had stayed at Main Street Inn in 2006, and loved it. At the time, we had one of the more basic rooms. This time, we were staying to celebrate our first anniversary so we booked one of the 'honeymoon' suites which included a jacuzzi, a sitting room, and a balcony overlooking Main Street.

We loved our time there and will have a hard time ever going to another place on Mackinac. The room was wonderful, the jacuzzi was very enjoyable, the view was great, and the staff was very accommodating. They helped recommend a place for us to have dinner on our anniversary, and they even helped us get a bat out of our room after it flew in while we were standing on the balcony.

The only thing that I would recommend that the property consider is making the entire property, including the balconies, non-smoking. I believe all rooms are non-smoking but there were ashtrays on all of the balconies. The balconies are all open to one another, and of course the people next to us were outside smoking away. Since my wife is pregnant and we can't stand the smell of smoke anyways, it made it where we had to go inside while they were puffing away.

But, we definitely enjoyed it and look forward to many future returns.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sirrealone
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I was so pleased when I first stepped into our room. It was spotless clean and smelling very nice. I am a clean freak. Most hotels do not meet my expectation in term of cleanliness. The Main Street Inn met my expectation and beyond. The staffs were very friendly. We will definitely stay there again next time we visit the island.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple