“The Perfect Place to Stay on Mackinac Island”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Orlando, FL
“The Perfect Place to Stay on Mackinac Island”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We just returned home from a wonderful three day stay at the Main Street Inn and Suites on Mackinac Island. We had booked two rooms for our family and they were kind enough to give us adjoining rooms. The rooms were beautifully decorated such as you would experience in a bed and breakfast. The location was perfect, right in the middle of town, so we didn't have to walk far to have a meal or to go rest if anyonegot tired. If we ever return to Mackinac Island, we will definitely return to the Main Street Inn.

• Liked — The accommodations, all non-smoking, and the location
  • Disliked — The internet service--very slow and unreliable at times
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryGinny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Susanville, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I don't know where to begin.... The Main St Inn is that great!
The room was clean, had ample towels, was beautifully furnished, and everything in working order. The staff was incredibly friendly. We hated to leave!! It's conveniently located downtown and everynight you get a nice piece of fudge.
I would not stay at another hotel on the island!

• Liked — Convenience & staff
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 24, 2008

After researching various accomodations on Mackinac Island, I contacted the Main Street Inn upon reading all the wonderful Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. The place was wonderful and even better than I had anticipated. I was fortunate enough to book a 2 bedroom suite for 2 nights with very short notice and the room was unbelievable. It was huge in size, beautifully decorated, extremely clean and had everything one would need for a wonderful trip. I think it was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in my 20 + years of travel. The best part about the room was its large balconey that faced Main Street and the wonderful views of Mackinac Island Harbor. The location was right in the midst of everything, but it still was very quiet in the room.

I am originally from Michigan and had been to Mackinac Island a number of times in the past, however, this was my first time actually staying on the Island overnight and the Main Street Inn made my stay a delightful memory. It is definitely at the top of my list for future stays.

• Liked — The Location and the quality of the room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Chapsbaby
tulsa
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Suite number 210 was breathtaking and exceeded our expectations, by a long way. Everything at this Inn is first class from the porter pickup at the ferry to the front desk staff. This Inn is located near the ferry dock and right in the mix on the mainstreet. We can't wait to return and would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Suite 210
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KipperKain
ct.
Reviewed June 26, 2008

This Inn is located on Mackinack Island. The location is great, allowing us the opportunity to walk everywhere we wanted to, or, take a carriage ride as there are no cars allowed on the island. We opened the door to our suite and felt at home right away. Furnishings are wonderful, and we had a sitting room with a balcony where we could see all the goings on and listen to the horses clip-cloping by. All of the staff and shopkeepers were very friendly and knowlegeable about the area. We took a tour of the beautiful, old Grand Hotel, and had a marvelous buffet there for lunch.We were there during the Lilac Festival but did suffer inclement weather. No one seemed to mind as they just went about their daily doings anyway, so as did we. All in all we had a wonderful experience there, and staying at the Inn was a major part ot it.

• Liked — beautiful accomadations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank connpixie40
Midwest
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We booked a room here on rather short notice based solely on their #1 rating on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed.

We found ourselves in a huge, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated suite overlooking Main Street and the harbor with a very tiny ( one person) but private porch, fridge, whirlpool tub, microwave, 2 TV's, and the world's most comfortable bedding. Need more than that? OK, add in secure storage in the basement for overnight bike parking (the island won't let you just leave them on the street overnight), a competent front desk and an even more accommodating housekeeping staff and you have the makings for an excellent vacation on Makinac Island.

We also stayed at the Lilac Tree, which though rated 2nd, is surely a far, far, far distant 2nd (certainly not in the same league as the Main St. Inn), and The Grand (old, overpriced, odorous).

I'd love to come back to the island, but quite seriously, only if I can stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FredDedd
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed the first week in June. I had booked it months ago and got a good deal on our room. We did the deluxe with the window view. While there we did tour the sky light deluxe room with out a window which cost less. It was just as lovely. I think I could have stayed in that room at the lower cost.
They have a wonderful sitting area where we did our own breakfast. I had taken a cooler with all kinds of food so we could save on the food bill while there. Each room has a refrigerator which came in helpful.
The staff was always smiling when ever we came in contact with them. That is one of the number one things I look for. Because Main Street is smaller then most I feel you get that mom and pop owned business attitude even though the workers were young. They must have hand picked these young people who did a wonderful job. I would stay there again. It is also located right across the street from a ferry so we did not have to go far. The nice thing is you are on Main Street where the action is. They should have a motto Stay at the Main Street Hotel Where the action is.

• Liked — How quaint the rooms were decorated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family