“Ideal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We booked a room here on rather short notice based solely on their #1 rating on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed.

We found ourselves in a huge, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated suite overlooking Main Street and the harbor with a very tiny ( one person) but private porch, fridge, whirlpool tub, microwave, 2 TV's, and the world's most comfortable bedding. Need more than that? OK, add in secure storage in the basement for overnight bike parking (the island won't let you just leave them on the street overnight), a competent front desk and an even more accommodating housekeeping staff and you have the makings for an excellent vacation on Makinac Island.

We also stayed at the Lilac Tree, which though rated 2nd, is surely a far, far, far distant 2nd (certainly not in the same league as the Main St. Inn), and The Grand (old, overpriced, odorous).

I'd love to come back to the island, but quite seriously, only if I can stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FredDedd

Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed the first week in June. I had booked it months ago and got a good deal on our room. We did the deluxe with the window view. While there we did tour the sky light deluxe room with out a window which cost less. It was just as lovely. I think I could have stayed in that room at the lower cost.
They have a wonderful sitting area where we did our own breakfast. I had taken a cooler with all kinds of food so we could save on the food bill while there. Each room has a refrigerator which came in helpful.
The staff was always smiling when ever we came in contact with them. That is one of the number one things I look for. Because Main Street is smaller then most I feel you get that mom and pop owned business attitude even though the workers were young. They must have hand picked these young people who did a wonderful job. I would stay there again. It is also located right across the street from a ferry so we did not have to go far. The nice thing is you are on Main Street where the action is. They should have a motto Stay at the Main Street Hotel Where the action is.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jzeiger
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I started planning this trip back in January. As June approached I got more and more excited about the fact that I was going to stay overnight on Mackinac Island. The pictures on the internet do not do the Nain Street Inn justice. It was the most beautiful and spacious place I have ever stayed. Lovely wood furniture and tables and marble floors in the bathroom and vanity area. My husband and myself had room 209. What a view in either direction down Main Street. Was really neat watching the people and horses pulling the carriages and carts go by. The service was impeccable. I had wanted this trip to be something special for just the two of us. I had made plans with the wonderful people at Main Street to have a special box of fudge in our room along with a special bottle of sparkling grape juice which I had brought to the island the day before, and they also sprinkled rose petals around the room for me. I had also made a special sign that I had brought to them the day before that would be on the door the day we arrived. This room also had a lot of storage place to put clothing and different items in the kitchen cabinets The Main Street staff is the most pleasanr I have ever encountered. Also, it did not rain for us which was a first and made it even more special. Just a quick mention about he ferry ride. Star Line made a little detour on the way to the island. It tokk us under both towers of the Mackinac Bridge. What a sight. I hope to return soon and it will be at Main Street Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Weeds57
Reviewed June 8, 2008

My husband and I had a lovely stay. The room had the warm feel of a B & B--comfortable, clean, and very pretty. The staff delivered outstanding service, and were friendly and efficient. Loved the complimentary fudge! The location couldn't be beat, and the price offered excellent value. We highly recommend the Main Street Inn!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stevauer
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We have stayed at the Main St Inn twice and loved everything about it! Our last stay was during our wedding in Sept. of 2007. We can highly recommend it without exception. The room was beautifully decorated and the housekeeping was meticulous. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. Enjoying a coffee & "adult Irish creme" at daybreak out on the balcony was heavenly. No cars, horns, car alarms, sirens, etc. The only sounds were the "clip-clop" of the occasional passing draft horse. Ahh....

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Teakwood96
Reviewed May 12, 2008

My wife and I just returned from our stay and we could not have been happier with our choice of hotels.
Everything was wonderful. The staff was great and the room was gorgeous. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and we had a terrific view onto the street with a great balcony. The jacuzzi was awesome and the bed was very comfortable.
We had no complaints whatsoever. It was also in a great location. I would definitely stay there again.
Thanks, MAIN STREET,for making our anniversary great!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RandyLisa
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Every year, my fiance and I spend our anniversary on Mackinac Island. On our fourth anniversary, my then-boyfriend decided to ask for my hand in marriage. He contacted Main Street Inn (where we had stayed every previous year) to see if they could offer some assistance in the planning process. I can now say, two years later, that the staff at Main Street Inn helped to make our engagement day the best day of our lives.

They offered to set up the room and worked with my fiance on personalized touches. They created a pathway with rose petals that lead to the front room. On the white coffee table, the staff spelled out "Will You Marry Me..." in big red rose petals. There were chocolates placed in the room, flowers everywhere, and champagne waiting for us. This was all done prior to us arriving at the hotel, so that when we walked in the room, everything was perfect and ready for us! It was such a beautiful sight! I was speechless and couldn't speak, even to say "Yes!" to my fiance (of course, I eventually did).

It seemed like the staff was more excited that I was! Once we were engaged, we decided to go out to eat. The front desk attendant, upon seeing us come out of our room, was smiling and almost jumping up and down. :) Every time we left the room, the hotel staff was smiling and saying "congratulations" to us. The whole staff knew who we were and completely took care of us. It was like they were family.

In 2006, it was the fourth year we had stayed at Main Street. We keep coming back because the staff is remarkable and the rooms are absolutely wonderful. They are always sparkling with cleanliness and have great views from the balconies. They could charge WAY more for what they offer, compared to some of the other places on the island!!

Mackinac Island has always been a special place for my fiance and me, but I don't think it would be as special as it is without the awesome staff at Main Street. They make every stay better. :)

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple