“Beautiful!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Main Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mackinac Island
Ottawa, IL
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for our 20th anniversary. I booked this hotel because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. I am so glad I did. I couldn't have asked for anything better. It is a beautiful hotel inside & out! The staff was very nice and helpful - wished us a happy anniversary upon arrival, and hung a nice little sign in the elevator congratulating us! Each night, our bed was turned down and a small box of fudge was left for us from JoAnn's (the best on the island!) - on our first night, we were also left an anniversary treat of JoAnn's bonbons - they were amazing! The beds were very comfortable! The room was spotless - the housekeeping does an amazing job! I couldn't give this hotel a higher recommendation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bick92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Wauseon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Ever since we discovered this gem of an Inn we stay here every visit when we go to beautiful Mackinac Island! The staff is wonderful, professional, helpful, friendly etc. The rooms are clean & beautiful and we really appreciate the indoor, secure bicycle storage. Just can't say enough about this great Inn.

Room Tip: We enjoy the two queen bed with a window so we open the window a tad and enjoy the clip clop of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pam S
glasgow, KY
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We just completed a trip to Michigan which included a stay on Mackinac Island. I chose this hotel based mainly on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. The rooms were pretty and had all amenities that you could want. The location was great and close to everything that we chose to do on the Island. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone going to Mackinac.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelerky
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in October, off season for sure just as the island was closing up for the winter. Main St Inn and Suited is in a word incredible, from easy check-in, friendly easy going staff, and great location. The Inn has no Restaurant in the building, normally this would be a detractor, it was not because of the various on island locations just a short walk away. My only personal knock was the poor WIFI, for most people this is a non-issue, for me, I was displeased. If I ever go back to Mackinaw I will be staying at this location.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Main St
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Paul T
MainStreetInn, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your nice words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We worked on our internet this winter so hopefully we have fixed any of the wifi issues. We hope to see you again in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose this Inn based on the reviews on tripadvisor. We stayed in the honeymoon suite with balcony view. The location was great; very close to the the Shepler's Ferry dock. Our luggage was delivered by the Shepler's crew, we didn't even have to haul it over.

When we arrived, our room wasn't ready-- which was fine, as we had been told check in time wasn't til 3pm. The front desk took and held our luggage, and took our phone number to let us know when the room would be ready. The front desk staff wasn't at all rude, but certainly not friendly. I think I've been greeted more cheerully by holiday inn staffers..
The room's perks were its balcony and spaciousness. However, the fact that there were black curly hairs in the jacuzzi tub REALLY grossed us out. How is that missed by the maid staff?

If this is the best Mackinac Island has to offer... I'll save the couple hundred dollars and stay overnight in Mackinac City.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Dena E
We are glad that you enjoyed most of your stay. We are sorry that you didn’t feel like our staff was welcoming to you. We truly pride ourselves on being very friendly and we are very sorry that you didn’t receive that warm welcome you deserved. We are also extremely sorry that you found hairs in your tub. That is completely unacceptable and I have spoken to the housekeepers about this. I wish we were notified of this when you found them so we could have made sure the tub was recleaned for you. We hope you reconsider and stay on Mackinac Island again.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I brought my husband here to celebrate a milestone birthday. We had a great time and found the hotel to have great furnishings, service, lovely amenities, and location. For all of the activity taking place on Main Street, the sounds are muffled and are in no way bothersome. I selected this hotel after reading TA and weighing all of the options. I am very happy with the selection. We also were on the 2nd floor, the room had a king-size bed, luxurious bathroom (no jacuzzi) and a large living room area.

The bedroom is in back of the living room, you don't hear any noise from the street when you are lying in bed.

They created 2 doves kissing out of towels and ribbons and left it on the sink counter top. There was a handwritten note congratulating my husband on his birthday. They also posted a lovely note in the elevator noting his birthday. They gave him that note when we departed.

We used Sheppler's Ferry as our mode of transport to the Island. We got off the ferry, picked up our luggage and walked across the street to the hotel. The location could not be more convenient.

The evening "turndown" service with Joann's fudge delivered every evening is a special touch.

I agree that the hotel is expensive and it does not provide a continental breakfast. I hope that they will consider providing this for their guests, there are only 18 rooms.

I would return here for another very special occasion!

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, I recommend using Sheppler's Ferry for your transportation. Sheppler...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller1615
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy Birthday to your husband again!
Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our first stay on Mackinaw Island and chose this hotel due to previous reviews. As a previous reviewer stated it is decorated in a Laura Ashley Motif. My husband, two children (14 and 9) stayed in a Deluxe Double Queen room on the 3rd floor. Our view was at the back of the building, but even if you faced front it would not give you a water view, only Main street. Room was clean and comfortable, we had a very small issue with the air conditioning which was quickly taken care of. Front desk was friendly and prompt, the porter who took our bags from the Star Line Ferry dock to the hotel was amazing as he stacked all our luggage on a bike. Room was not available when we arrived, no fault of theirs as we arrived prior to check in. They offered to call us as soon as available, which they did while we were having lunch at the Yankee Rebel Tavern (GREAT FOOD). Great location to visit all the spots downtown, we would not hesitate to stay again. We loved the turn down service with the free fudge from Joann's fudge located just downstairs. Don't hesitate to rent a bike to bike the island, rent a horse and buggy for something different, and head to Mission Point Resort to do the 18 hole Executive Putting Green.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JakeandJosiesMom
, Manager at Main Street Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while here. We are always impressed with our dock porters and their ability to carry so much luggage on their bikes. We are sorry that you had a problem with your air conditioning but we are glad that it was taken care of quickly. We do try to get our rooms ready as early as possible and guests are welcome to check into their rooms as soon as they are ready.

I would like to point out though that you were correct that our deluxe standard rooms are all located on the back of the building and do not have a water view. However, all of our suites are located on the front of the building and all of them have a water view as well as a view of Main Street.