My husband and I were here for our honeymoon October 8th through the 10th as part of our northern Michigan tour. This was definitely the perfect place for our romantic getaway. With scenic views of Mackinac Bridge, as well as the beautifully manicured grounds complete with multiple walking trails, Stonecliffe far exceeded our expectations. The staff we encountered were all very accomodating, from Gerald who made sure our luggage was brought up in a timely manner, to Caleb who kindly tagged our bags for our return trip and also helped us in choosing the best bikes for our tour around the island. I would also like to say a special thanks to Karen, who was very informative, and kindly upgraded us to an even nicer room. Also, to Stefanie, the GM of Stonecliffe, who chatted with my husband and I on one of our taxi rides back, even though it was her evening off. She took the time to fill us in on some of the best areas on the island to visit, including the most scenic sunset viewing area.
All-in-all, Stonecliffe was defnitely an excellent option for our stay. The only advice I would give to guests trying to decide where to stay is to
1. Be mindful of the distance to the mansion. While easily accessible on nicely paved roads, just be mindful that a little extra cash will need to be shelled out to pay for taxis, or bikes should be rented. However, the walk up to the mansion is absolutely beautiful.
2. Keep in mind that there are two options for Stonecliffe; the mansion and the summerhouse. Our original room (before we were upgraded) was in the mansion. While the view was INCREDIBLE, the room is a bit more dated and does not have central AC, which is not really an issue in October, but may be in July. The summerhouse, which may not have the same views as the mansion, does offer large, comfortable, rooms, some of which contain whirlpools, as well as AC. Both options are wonderful, it just depends on what you're looking for in a room.
We are looking forward to spending many future anniversaries enjoying Stonecliffe!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Stonecliffe enjoys a storied place in Mackinac Island history. Built in 1904 as a family summer escape by industrialist Michael Cudahy, Stonecliffe has enchanted guests for nearly half a century. Situated high on the west bluff, Inn at Stonecliffe lodging comprises a classic Tudor-style mansion that offers 16 bed and breakfast style guest rooms, and the more modern Summer House Suites, with 31 richly appointed suites decorated in a classic summer cottage style with a light Victorian influence. Overnight visitors to Mackinac Island often observe that the best time to enjoy the island is in the early morning or late evening when the last ferry has carried the daily visitors back to the mainland. At The Inn at Stonecliffe, you’ll enjoy that feeling every moment of your stay. Anywhere you turn, tranquility and relaxation await, from the breathtaking bluff-top views of the Straits of Mackinac and Mackinac Bridge to the Inn’s lush, rolling lawns.Special Services and / or Features: • Breakfast Included• Air Conditioning• Onsite Dining and Cocktail Lounge• Weddings and Events• Kitchenettes• Bike Rentals • Cable Television• Outdoor Heated Pool• Private Baths• Telephones• Complimentary Wireless Internet• Non Smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Stonecliffe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Stonecliffe Hotel Mackinac Island