“Walked by it twice”

Is it you spot from Somewhere in Time movie!
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed at The Grand...new it was out there - but couldn't find it. Then we went back in and asked concierge... it was right where we were walking. Of course it's grown. But you can't miss the big rock to mark it.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"rock"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I wanted to just go in to take a picture and come out, the people inside were just rude, for I was not a rich person or someone that was staying at the hotel or eating at the restaurant. Like I was some commoner that did not belong there. I would never go by that place again.

1  Thank Samantha L
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The scene in "Somewhere in Time" where Jane Seymour asks Christopher Reeves "Is it you?" is where the movie really takes off, how neat to see the spot memorialized! The best way to get here if you are downtown to bike westward past the library and boardwalk. It will be on your left. Once you see the trees, go slowly- you are almost there.
We are big fans of Mackinac Island. My parents came here for their honeymoon. They brought my brother and I here for family vacations, just for the day. My husband and I came here before and after we had our children but we stayed on the Island. Each time we visit, we discover another secret the Island holds. Last summer as we biked around the Island we found this plaque that we had ridden right past the other years!
If you are reading this you may be wondering if the Island is for you? I'll tell you who it's for:
It's for FAMILIES who want to spend time together without the interference of cable television, internet and cell phone service.
It's for ATHLETES who challenge themselves to run, hike, or bike through the hills of the Island.
It's for HISTORY LOVERS that can squint their eyes and imagine they stepped back in time. Nothing they can see contradicts them.
It's for FOODIES that want to taste test all the varieties of fudge as they decide which of the 17 shops has the best kind and which variety they prefer.
It's for PHOTOGRAPHERS who get up early for the shot of the sunrise hitting the harbor or stay up late to see the Grand Hotel lit up, they want to capture the face of every grand and humble flower that graces the Island floor.
It's for LOVERS who embrace a cozy B&B where they can sleep in and make love without anything to disturb them except the clip clop of the horses outside their window.
It's for the TALENTED SHOPPERS that will walk right past the Michigan t-shirts and plastic tomahawks to find a real treasure that will remind them of their time away.
It's for TRAVELERS who need freedom from their routine -to be out in the world!- because they still have things to discover about themselves, because they are different when they are away.
It's for the EXPLORERS who have an open mind and can find something new to love each time they visit and I don't mean the tourist traps. They want to meet the Island herself. We have met her and love her!

3  Thank SJL74
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was a beautiful spot form the movie. I was six at the time, and went out there in my 1912-style dress and played on the beach nearby. It was lovely.