“Time maybe better spent elsewhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 1852 Grill Room

1852 Grill Room
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The 1852 Grill Room welcomes you for breakfast and dinner in a casual fine dining atmosphere with stunning view of the Straits of Mackinac. Featuring outdoor terrace seating and lounge for your enjoyment. Located inside the Island House Hotel.
Rochelle, Illinois
“Time maybe better spent elsewhere”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The package we had at the hotel included a $40 voucher, otherwise the restaurant , in general is not a restaurant we would have went to. That being said the saving grace of the meal was the asparagus appetizer and the chocolate tort for dessert. My husband had the whitewash which he said was prepaid well, but was not sure the method of preparation was a good choice. I had the perch which had been rolled in flour before being pan fried. I know this because I could still taste the flour. The view is great, but you can get the same view from outside. I would recommend staying outside and heading to a different restaurant for your evening meal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EEH35

Lewiston, Michigan
“Wonderful Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful surprise. The food although, not particularly creative, was well prepared and delicious! We have the tuna appetizer which was seared, tender and tasty. I had the perch and my husband had the rib eye. Both were beyond our expectations after reading reviews. Actually it was some of the best perch I've had, and I order it often. We sat at the window and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Our waiter Kyle was terrific, attentive and when above and beyond lowering the lights when it got dark out and going outside to close an umbrella that was in the way of our view. We also enjoyed good service at the bar. Highly recommend for a nice evening out. Request a seat by the windows.

Visited September 2013
southgate
“good food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

the food here was awesomely awesome! reasonably priced. the helpings were generous. selections were plentiful. everyone found something they were happy with. sitting on the back porch was pretty cool (except fpr the flies) we could do people watching while we ate.

Visited October 2012
Northville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food and service was great. I was a little apprehensive given the ranking. I had the roasted chicken and my husband had the crab cake (really nice size). Great view from restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
MO
“Eat here”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice view from the dining room and outdoor seating (except when the special event tent is set up). Wait staff shares the Mackinac Island apparent need for refinement beyond adequate. The whitefish preparation was excellent with a nice, fresh salad. The crab cake was, in my opinion, the best on earth. With a diverse menu available, I can only dream of my return.

• Visited August 2013