“Good fudge but it's awfully hard to get it away from them”
Review of Murdick's Fudge

Murdick's Fudge
Ranked #2 of 13 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Murdick's Mackinac Island handcrafted Fudge and peanut brittle is made daily with only the finest of Michigan ingredients from our original 1887 recipe.
Puddleduckie
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Good fudge but it's awfully hard to get it away from them”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been a customer of Murdick's Fudge on the island for about 44 years... I pick some up every time I go to Mackinac. If you are on site, by all means, buy some... old family recipe, great taste... everything you want. It is a bit pricey, but it is quality. However if you try to order some via email or phone, you are in for quite another experience. Of the last three orders I placed with them for gifts, one was lost (They didn't loose the money I paid them for it, and I had to provide proof that I had ordered AND paid for it), one was shipped weeks late, and the latest,and final ( and I do mean FINAL) order was placed in mid November to be shipped at the start of this month...well, it has yet to arrive. I have been back and forth with them by email and phone without much success. If you are on the Island, or in Mac City, or in Martha's Vineyard, by all means buy some... Getting it shipped anywhere is another matter. Mackinac is known by the native population as the Great Turtle... but these folks take it a bit too literaly.
Buyer beware

2 Thank Puddleduckie
Marcy M, Owner at Murdick's Fudge, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
This review is posted to the wrong page. OUR store is not located on Mackinaw Island. We cannot vouch for any other Murdick store's fudge. All Murdick stores are independently owned and people are under the impression that they are all owned by the company. This is not a review for "Aaron Murdick's Fudge" in Mackinaw City, but is a review for the Mackinac Island Murdick's Fudge. They are not the same and do not use the same recipe.

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Murdick's Fudge Shop is my absolute first stop while visiting Mackinac Island. There are quite a few island locations to choose from. I'm totally addicted to their cheese-caramel popcorn, it is to die for, and I absolutely love their chocolate/peanut butter fudge. I've tried most of their fudge varieties and I've been happy with every bite.

1 Thank JenniferKD
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
247 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 314 helpful votes
“The peanut butter and chocolate fudge were good”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We enjoyed watching the employees make the fudge while we decided which flavors to buy. I liked that all of the fudge that they sold had natural flavors.

Merrill, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fudge”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stopped here on Mackinac Island. We got macadamia nut, german chocolate and turtle fudge. All are very good.

Visited May 2012
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Were not friendly at all. Everyone else on the island was nice and willing to give suggestion and advice.
They did not even smile or welcome us into the store. They just sat there.
Was very close to just walking out without completing our order.
I would recommend the many other fudge shops around. The fudge is not that different in taste, you would just have a better experience somewhere else.

3 Thank vipgarg