“Great service and food!”

Round Island Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Service was great. Our waiter played tic tac toe with my son and our supervisor came out and gave us a free glass of wine. My daughter loved the penne pasta for dinner. We had a kids eat free package because we stayed at Mission Point so we ate there twice. Once for dinner, and outside the next day for lunch. We decided to not take advantage of free kids meal for our last dinner and went into town instead. Round island had good food--the salmon, greek salad, veggie burger were really good. Seafood alfredo and kids meals were average to good. House wine was really good too!

There are newer reviews for Round Island Bar and Grill

Reviewed June 29, 2013

There is a lot of potential here that just has not been realized.

PROS:

- It is not in the downtown Mackinac Island area... it's located at the resort. This is a plus to me.
- The food was okay, but not great. It seemed like standard bar food, not grill food.
- I was able to use a discount to lessen the impact of the expensive prices.

CONS:

- The prices are ridiculous. You can get a much better meal and better prices in other places.
- The staff seems like they don't really care about anything. Everyone looks depressed. I might too, because this does not look like a fun place to work.
- I think they have an identity crisis. With all of the televisions (which look really out-of-place), they seem to want to be a sport's bar and also be a classy restaurant at the same time. You need to pick one. This potpourri of styles just doesn't work.
- When you first walk in from the resort lobby, you have no idea where to go. There's no one to greet you, and you just kind of walk aimlessly until someone rescues you. It's awkward.
- We were seated near the windows, and there were bugs flying all around from outside. Nasty. I realize we are on an island, but there should be that many flies crawling on the window. That needs to be addressed.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

I wouldn't return here without a coupon or a discount with such inflated prices.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were walking all over the island and were starving and looking for a restaurant. We didn't realize Mission Point was coming up. We saw it and decided we needed to eat here no matter what. Imagine our surprise when we walked in and saw the Round Island Bar and Grill. Casual, a bar, fantastic view...we were in heaven. We enjoyed a glass of wine. My husband had a small steak and I ordered a steak salad. Both were fine. We had apple cobbler and coffee for dessert. Our waiter, Kevin, was so attentive. We watched the bartender make some amazing drinks for other customers.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant has delicious food, great service, televisions everywhere, and a beautiful view of the lake. What more could you want?

Reviewed October 8, 2012

For certain, I know they have phenominal whitefish, talapia, chili, and burgers! With that being said, they serve large portions at reasonable prices (especially for Mackinac Island).

2  Thank Karen S