“It has it all”

Cuisines: American
Comstock, Michigan, United States
“It has it all”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant has delicious food, great service, televisions everywhere, and a beautiful view of the lake. What more could you want?

Visited May 2013

Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

For certain, I know they have phenominal whitefish, talapia, chili, and burgers! With that being said, they serve large portions at reasonable prices (especially for Mackinac Island).

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Karen S
Alpena, MI
“Mixed Food Review with Sub-par Service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I were saying at Mission Point Resort and decided to stay in-house for dinner. We gave the food a mixed review as I had the Steak Salad and my wife had the White Fish. My steak salad was great! Cooked as ordered with a nice bed of greens. The white fish was small in portion and not really bad; not really good, just there. Vegetables were mushey.

When done we were tired and ready to go but our server was no where to be found and the other staff; as I stood next to my table, ignored me. Finally they brought our bill. Had plent of help on just no one helpful. I gave it "average" even though it was "below average" on the whole as I did really like my salad. My wife would not have been so generous. Too bad - could be a nice place to eat.

Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“For the first time in my life I left NO tip”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My mom and I arrived at the Round Island (inside the Mission Point Resort) well after the prime dining time, at around 830. The place was not busy and we were not occupying a table that could have been otherwise seated. We ordered appetizers, soup, and dessert. Clearly not a hugely high dollar bill...but it's what we wanted. As soon as the waiter had our order the service was AWFUL! We waited long times, were never offered refills on our drinks (tea and soda). Once we finished our dessert we waited and waited and waited for the waiter to come around again so we could ask for the bill. Never happened. We finally just got up, went to the hostess stand, and asked that our meal be billed to the room. She took us to the waiter where he shoved the bill in a folder and handed it to HER. No apology, nothing. I signed (with no tip) and walked out. All in all, our dining experience took an hour and fifteen minutes. For an appetizer, soup, and cheesecake. Nothing elaborate, nothing with a lot of prep time...all that time was just waiting for service at different intervals.

One kudo...the fellow who brought our food each time (not the waiter) was FULL of personality and joked around with us. Acted like he was going to sit down and share the cheesecake. It was quite cute!

• Visited August 2012