“Delicious Fudge”
Review of May's Candy Shop

May's Candy Shop
Ranked #8 of 10 Dessert in Mackinac Island
Description: The oldest, family operated fudge shop in the USA, with 6 Generations of candy makers! The only place that has the Famous Mackinac Fudge® on Mackinac Island, Michigan! Stop by and try a free sample!
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I brought home fudge from May's and the family and co-workers loved it. The girl behind the counter was friendly and adorable. Their "buy 2 pieces, get 1 free" seems like a good deal although I didn't precisely comparison shop, just eyeballed different places.

2  Thank djdelisa

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Waited in line to order, asked for a sample and she rolled her eyes at me and went on to the next customer without helping me. The next customer tried to get her to help me and just ignored him and again went on to the next customer. Absolutely ridiculous and I took my business across the street. Jerks.

1  Thank smilesunshine57
MidniteFox03, Manager at May's Candy Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I'm sorry that a Sales Clerk did not treat you properly. I will discuss this in our next staff meeting and inform the Sales Clerks about proper sales etiquette. This should not have happen and I will make sure it won't happen to future customers.

Please email us at mayscandyshop@yahoo.com regarding about your recent experience. I'd like to amend this.
~Lee May
Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My entire family, who have been visiting the island for decades, did a thorough taste testing of fudge and peanut brittle on the island. Although May's didnt win in fudge (see my review on JoAnne's), it was our unanimous favorite on peanut brittle. It stays crips for a long time and packed with nuts. It's so good, we've had it shipped all the way to Kansas!

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very nice and informative staff. Freshly made fudge and candy. We tried several other places and May's was the BEST.

2  Thank bigtimetravel Y
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Its a candy store one of about a dozen the fudge was as good as any other place the free samples so give it a try if your there but $13 a pound is a little pricey.