“Great breakfast”

Huron Street Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Come visit Mackinac's newest restaurant! 100% certified angus beef, great sandwiches and seafood. Nightly entertainment. Call us for special events and catering too!
Osseo, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had the breakfast burrito an it was absolutely fantastic. We had it twice during our stay and wished we could bring it home! Friendly service too!

Acworth, Georgia
“Not the best”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We came in for a late lunch. Ordered two appetizers, bowl of soup, and a kids meal. Spent $45. The wings were very good, the whitefish dip was not good at all, and the soup was okay. The kids meal was $5.99 for macaroni and another $2.49 for the drink. Our mistake, we didn't realize the drink didn't come with the meal. Most places the drink comes with the meal. No prize or treat was given with the kids meal. Our waitress wasn't rude, but she wasn't nice. She seemed to be bothered by us being there. She was short with us and didn't have time to answer questions. It wasn't busy at the time, so I'm not sure why she didn't have time for us. Service was slow, it took a while for us to get our food, which was fine since we were not in a hurry. If you are in a hurry don't go here.

3 Thank VWS2013
TonyMack12, Owner at Huron Street Pub & Grill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I'm sorry that you did not have a great experience while dining with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the wings. Our whitefish dip is homemade with local smoked fish and i can't recall anyone being disappointed with it. However, there is no excuse for having questionable service. I appreciate your review and will address it with my staff. If you are ever on the island again I ask that you give us another chance. Let the staff know that I personally invited you back and would like to meet you, I will make sure that you are more than happy to have returned. Thank you.

Tony Brodeur - Huron Street Pub & Grill
“Manager?”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We came here because of reviews. We shouldn't have. I ordered the steak it was mediocre. The vegetables were just average frizen veggies. My husband ordered the garlic parmesan shrimp. They were awful. We brought it to the attention of our waiter. We waited 25 minutes. Before the waiter came with the bill with only $5 off my husband's $23 entree that he didn't eat. We complained but then they took off only $13 off our bill. We complained again. Still no manager, Justin, to address us he allowed his server to do his grunt work. I would not go here there are tons of other restaurants on the island who care for their patrons experiences more.

4 Thank FudgieMI
Ludington, Michigan
“Pub food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Mediocre food that is overpriced, slow poor service. With so many other places to eat on the island there's no reason to eat here

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Kenneth H
I'm sorry that you were not pleased with our restaurant. There is no excuse for poor service and it is being addressed as I type. July is our busiest month, and all of our food is prepared as customers order. This can add a bit of service time. I ask any potential customers to check out some more of our good feedback. And I ask you, Kenneth, to give us another shot. Ask for me and I'll make sure you are more than pleased.

Tony Brodeur - Huron Street Pub & Grill
jackson, michigan
“not a good place for kids”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

food wasnt that good took a hour to get a steak that was under cook and we was the only ones there eating. the waitess was missing for awhile and the bartenders kept turning the music up high. plus they added 18% gradutily for a large group but there was only me wife and two daughters so i dont know how they got large group when asked they said because of the boat races

Visited July 2013
3 Thank fshawjr
TonyMack12, Owner at Huron Street Pub & Grill, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I'm sorry you did not have a good experience at our restaurant. I've discussed with my staff that a proper music level needs to be maintained throughout the day. As for the large party gratuity, that is not our policy unless its a party of 7 or more. The server who did that broke our policy and lied to you about the reason for doing so. I am very sorry that you were treated that way. That server is no longer employed at my restaurant. If you ever make it back to the island I would hope you give us another chance. Ask for me and I will personally make sure you are treated properly.

Tony Brodeur