“Huge Disappointment”

Huron Street Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Come visit Mackinac's newest restaurant! 100% certified angus beef, great sandwiches and seafood. Nightly entertainment. Call us for special events and catering too!
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were looking forward to eating here after reading the positive reviews. It was more than disappointing. The bar area is not separate from the dining area. When we arrived the bar had quite a few customers and the dining area had quite a few tables with children. We sat down and ordered a drink while we looked at the menu. We ended up joining a couple we sat next to at their table for dinner. They had ordered before we had and so were served before us. We waited and waited for our dinner. The bar crowd got very loud and it was obvious quite a few customers had been over served. Our server was an extremely nice young lady and did her best under the circumstances. When dinner finally arrived we found the food to be adequate at best. The people we shared the table with left as soon as they finished eating despite the fact we were still eating. I do not blame them. During the meal dining tables and chairs were moved out and a band began to set up. I can honestly say I would not recommend this place to anyone over the age of 24!

3 Thank Laney98
, Owner at Huron Street Pub & Grill, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to Huron St. Pub & Grill. I'm am glad that your server did server did a good job. This time of the season at peak times of the day, it can take a little longer than normal for food to be prepared. As for the loud bar, we are a Pub as well as restaurant, so we definitely have our share of noise and fun. I would hope that if you asked to see a manager, we may have been able to find you a quieter table. If you are able to visit again, please ask for the Chef or myself, and we will make sure you are completely satisfied.

Tony Brodeur
Owner/Operator
Huron St. Pub & Grill

Alexandria, Pennsylvania
“The brisket sandwich is AMAZING”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The calamari appetizer was nothing to write home about, and the coleslaw on the fish Reuben was sweeter than I prefer, but the brisket sandwich was out of this world!

The waitress was only 18, so she couldn't really give great advice on the beer selection.

, Owner at Huron Street Pub & Grill, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thanks for visiting Huron St. Pub & Grill. I agree with you; the brisket sandwich is awesome! Sorry you didn't enjoy the calamari as much as we do. If you every make it back you should try the whitefish dip or the tenderloin tips. They are our marquee appetizers. Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Tony Brodeur
Owner/Operator
Huron St. Pub & Grill
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“great service--great food”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family recently visited huron street pub and had a great time. Alex was our waiter and he did a great job. The food was great. If you go try the lobster dip.

Cadillac, Michigan
“Great time at Huron Street Pub & Grill”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was there the first weekend in June. My friends and I had a great time with our waiter, Ian, and enjoyed the music of Charlie Reager. I will be sure to go there again the next time I go to the Island!

Northern California
“Light snack - drinks”
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Tired of eating big meals - so we decided on appetizers / drinks for dinner. Picked the right place. Best selection of appetizers on the island and bartender was willing to make special drinks.

Server was great - good lite fare - great atmosphere.

Steve