“Snowcones!!”

Huron Street Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Come visit Mackinac's newest restaurant! 100% certified angus beef, great sandwiches and seafood. Nightly entertainment. Call us for special events and catering too!
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great food, great alcohol snow cones! Grape was delicious! Jessica was a great server too! Come here!!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a beautiful day on Mackinac Island last week and decided to stop at the Huron St Pub. We were seated right away and told the specials. Usually I expect to wait a few minutes before a server arrives but right when took a gander at the menu, our waitress had arrived! Kenzie was very nice and knew the menu well as being a picky eater, I ask a lot of questions. We got our drinks in a very fast matter as well as our food! The restaurant was fairly busy and we waited only 20 minutes before recieving our delicious food! I highly reccomend the fish rueben. The whole time during lunch we recieved prompt and perfect service with a smiling face the whole time which made it worthwhile. Although there was an older blonde waitress who we could clearly hear swearing about something and I thought that was a little unprofessional. I highly highly reccomend the Huron St Pub! Definitely a nice lunch for a perfect day!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

It was a chilly, rainy friday evening when we decided to have dinner at the Huron St Pub & Grill. I was hungry for seafood and their 8 jumbo shrimp dinner sounded good. I asked our waitress if the shrimp was hand breaded in house or purchased already breaded. She said they hand bread them. Wrong! I was sadly disappointed in the shrimp dinner. The shrimp were not bigger than medium size and they clearly were factory breaded. Thick factory crust common to frozen ready to cook shrimp. The Thai chili sauce served with them tasted like a bottled sweet and sour Asian sauce. Yucky. The chef kindly made me a delicious cocktail sauce which he should offer on the menu because it's far tastier than their Thai sauce. The sides, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables were bland and not very good. My sister ordered the Cowboy steak and it was a beautiful tender steak cooked to perfection.
We highly reccomend their steak. During dinner I saw another diner giving a two thumbs up to his sandwich so I asked our waitress what he had ordered. It was the fish ruben. I couldn't wait for lunch the next day to try it and I agree with the other diner. It was a beautiful fresh whitefish filet lightly breaded, perfectly cooked, on a large tasty roll with perfectly seasoned cole slaw and a slice of provolone cheese. I also give that fish sandwich two thumbs up! If we had stayed another day on the island I'd have ordered it again. Delicious!
On both visits our waitstaff were great. Very friendly and ... perky! On friday night we stayed for the live entertainment and the featured artist was Sam VanWagoner. That fellow has an incredible voice and range. He is a very talented artist that can carry the entire performance all by himself vocally and on his guitar. I can't believe he hasn't been recruted into a band because his voice would be a huge asset to any group. If your a talent scout out there reading this you should check out Sam. He's a very talented artist! We loved his performance.
Over all I liked and enjoyed our visits to the Huron St Pub & Grill. I can't wait to get their fish ruben again but I'd never order their shrimp again. And sis says she'll order the Cowboy steak again. Thanks to the great waitstaff... Alex (you got rhythm!), Jess (so funny girl), Ian, and Vanessa... great fun guys and gals!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on May 30 and really enjoyed the food. The service was great as well.

We had Whitefish, a salad, Father Marquette's Reuben (whitefish sandwich) and soup. Everyone enjoyed the food. The food was reasonably priced.

We will return on our next visit to Mackinac Island.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our server Jessica was amazing, ask for her! Our Cowboy Steak, shrimp, and lobster bisque were excellent.