“Worth a stop”

Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience free-flying exotic butterflies in a lush garden environment.
Cleveland, OH
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Most people think this is just for kids, but it's actually a pretty great place to stop if you have a spare half hour of so. The butterflies fly all around you and will sometimes land on you, and it's a great place to get some beautiful pictures.

• Korean first
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Take time to enjoy the butterflies!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is not a huge attraction, but it is very nicely done. Lots of information, and places to sit and enjoy the butterflies. We saw at least 20 different varieties. My daughter had a butterfly on her finger. Just seeing the look on her face made our visit worth it! Nice break in the carriage tour. Take time to sit and observe these beautiful creatures.

Visited July 2013
Bronson, Michigan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I found out Mackinac Island had a butterfly house, I just had to go! Problem was, which one should I choose? The island had this house as well as one on the main road near the lakeshore. Both had many excellent reviews; both had some pretty bad reviews. My husband and I visited Wings after biking on the island and visiting Fort Mack., and it was wonderful!! First off, the price is much better here at Wings, plus they give a discount for veterans of our military. I'm a firm believer in honoring our vets, and I fully respect businesses who do likewise. Since my husband is a veteran, that helped the pocketbook even more. Entering the butterfly house is like stepping into a little heaven - beautiful flowers everywhere, kids giggling and having fun w/ the butterflies, and the colorful creatures flitting and flying all around you. It was a great opportunity to take a step back, take a pause from the hustle & bustle of the island's main street. We took some amazing pictures of the butterflies inside, and hey, if you have children you'll definitely want to take them here. I was so surprised how much my husband enjoyed it. I'm so glad I planned this stop!!

Woodstock, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Absolutely beautiful!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a fantastic place to take pictures of these beautiful creatures! We visited as a part of the carriage tour. The setting outside of the house was lovely, as was the gift shop. There were places to sit inside and marvel at the butterflies all around you. You can watch them emerge from their chrysalis, too. We wish we would've gone back for a second look before we left the island!

DeWitt, Michigan
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Butterfly II”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is bigger than the other butterfly house, so more places to check out the butterflies. Will need a camera for inside and out. Also has a cute gift shop, nice walking area outside. A bit farther out than the 1st place.

Visited May 2012