“I loved it”

Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience free-flying exotic butterflies in a lush garden environment.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I loved this attraction! It was very beautiful they had lots of butterflies and flowers it was peaceful and just an all around wonderful experience. I will visit again next year for sure.

There are newer reviews for Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stopped here after we were dropped off by the carriage tour. The actual greenhouse area isn't that large but there are a ton of butterflies to make up for it. I've been to several butterfly conservatories and I've never had butterflies land on me...it happened multiple times here which was really cool. We also made friends with one butterfly who loved to hang out on our finger...we had a hard time getting him to fly off.

If you are looking for a unique experience, check this place out. It also helped that the temps were damn near tropical which was awesome because it was only 50 outside!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

It was a green house, filled with butterflies. We got our tickets as a part of the carriage tour that takes you up the hill to the conservatory. Probably not worth doing as an activity on it's own, but as a part of the carriage tour, it was fine. We were amused by the fact that the butterflies were eating bananas. Staff was friendly. But be careful where you step! They land on the ground. My husband almost killed one!!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Butterfly Conservatory is small but very pleasant. The young staff members were so pleasant and very well informed. The visit was short but certainly worthwhile.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Being our first trip to the island, we had no idea that there was so much to do. My daughter was so excited when she found out that on Macinac was a butterfly house. She had been studying them in school and was reading about how many were being closed due to lack of funding.

To her surprise there was one for us to visit on our vacation and it was absolutely beautiful.