Cottage Inn of Mackinac Island
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$161
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$229
$222
  • Restaurant
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$323
$313
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
$218
$211
Orbitz.com
$275
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
$199
$193
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
$258
  • Spa
Grand Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$849
$658
TripAdvisor
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscaramel cornmarket streetgarden balconyfudgelilac roomfather marquettegreat hostsegg casseroleafternoon snackbreakfast was deliciousmain streetfresh fruitquiet streeteach morningbagelsfront porchother guests
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband and I just got back from staying the weekend at the Cottage Inn today and I just had to write a review of this beautiful bed and breakfast. The innkeepers Marge and Rich are the most pleasant people. They welcome you with a smile and answer any questions you may have about the island. The inn is just warm and cozy. We stayed in the bridge room and it was beautiful. The room was very clean and charming. We were located on Market Street and it was very quiet. Main Street was a block over, so it was still within walking distance. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy025
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My husband and I took our son and his girlfriend away for a long weekend on Mackinac Island last week and had a wonderful time. The last time we were on the island our son was 7 months old (he is now a junior in college) so we saw some changes, but the island is still an idyllic escape from noise and pollution.

The Cottage Inn was rated highly here and we were not disappointed. It was immaculately clean, the decor was charming without being kitschy, the beds were extremely comfortable, the sheets were luxuriously soft, and the pillows perfect. The bathroom was well appointed with lovely smelling soap, shampoo, shower cap, big, fluffy towels AND a hand held magnifying mirror next to the sink which was just the kind of considerate touch I love when I travel. If you wear reading glasses, you know how helpful that mirror is when putting on your make-up in the morning. There were also controls for heat, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Additionally, there was a good sized flat panel TV with built in DVD player and a library of DVDs to choose from in the front room.

The entrance to The Cottage Inn had a lovely garden and a nice front porch which had tables and chairs, where we enjoyed drinks in the afternoon, watching the horses and people walk or ride by on their bikes. There was a cabinet in the hallway which always had wineglasses and bottle openers for guests and in the afternoons there was fudge, peanut brittle and caramel corn to snack on. There were also ice buckets and ice was brought to us by the innkeepers whenever we requested it.

Which brings me to the innkeepers, Rich and Marge. What genuinely gracious and welcoming people they are! From the minute we stepped into the Cottage Inn they made us feel as if we were visiting them in their home and they were truly happy to have us there. They were very knowledgeable about the island and were always around to chat with when we returned from our outings. We actually thought they were the owners, their pride and pleasure in their work was so obvious.

Breakfast was another exceptional part of our stay at the Cottage Inn. There was always fruit salad, cold cereal, bagels, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, a hot breakfast casserole,some sort of cake, juices, milk, coffee and tea. And everything was really, really good. The only thing that we found needed tweaking was the coffee, which was a bit too weak for us. But it was always hot and fresh.

I would recommend this inn to anyone, even a handicapped individual. The room we stayed in, Sail Away, was on the first floor and it had a bathroom equipped with handrails and a fold down seat in the shower. I'd wanted a room on the first floor because recent knee surgery made steps a bit of a challenge for me, and even though I didn't require it, it was nice to see a handicapped bathroom so tastefully done.

The location was another great thing about the Cottage Inn. It was perfect. One block away from the main street, so it was uncrowded and quiet. The docks are all nearby and Market Street itself is a beautiful street with shops, historic homes and buildings and leads right down to the lake

All in all, a truly wonderful place to stay and one we will to return to on our next trip to Mackinac Island.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank lucha02
Reviewed June 3, 2009

This was our second stay at Cottage Inn -- it's truly a little gem on Mackinac Island. It's quiet, despite being only a block away from one of the ferry docs, and the atmosphere is homey and charming. There's a grocery/drugstore a few steps away that comes in handy if you want a snack or bottle of wine without going out to a restaurant (our room had a fridge in it, although I don't know if they all do), and it's across the street from the entrance to scenic Fort Mackinac (listen for the bugler to play "reville" each morning at 9am and "taps" every night at 10pm). The owners are personable, and helped us find an appropriate spot to have a special anniversary dinner one night, and they serve a delicious, not-too-fussy breakfast each day, as well as afternoon tea. Rooms are lovely (the only reason I put four stars instead of five was that our bathroom lacked counter space and the toilet was rather loud, but these are nitpicks). I'm sure we'll be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank padawan60
Reviewed May 31, 2009

My wife and I visited Mackinac island over Memorial Day this year. We stayed at the Cottage Inn and had a wonderful time. The Inn is nice, with clean rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast, and a great location. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed May 29, 2009

From the aroma of freshly baked ginger snap cookies upon our warmly received arrival to the freshly prepared sumptuous breakfast before our departure we could not have felt more welcomed. We most definitely we will stay again. Rich and Marge (and Joe Cocker) help to make our stay one of the very best experiences we have had at a B & B.
Respectfully, Ed and Pat