Cottage Inn of Mackinac Island
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$183
  • Breakfast included
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$184
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
$119
$190
Travelocity
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewscaramel cornmarket streetb bgarden balconyfudgelilac roomfather marquettegreat hostsegg casseroleafternoon snackbreakfast was deliciousmain streetfresh fruitquiet streeteach morningbagelsfront porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our first visit to Mackinac Island so we had no clue where to stay - it was luck and Tripadvisor that led us to the Cottage Inn. Rich, our friendly host, was full of helpful ideas on how to maximize our time on the island and Marge really impressed us with wonderful breakfasts of egg dishes, yummy pastries and even fresh fruit. No rubber waffles here! We were in the "Somewhere in Time" room (Christopher Reeve classic film made on the Island); it was spotless, charming and close to the all-day coffee pot. The Cottage location is close to the main street but not on it which means less noise and commotion but you can still sit on the front porch and watch the horses and wagons go by ... it was all wonderful and we plan to go back!

Room Tip: Our room did not have a view of anything but others might.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy643
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay at the Cottage Inn. My mom and I stayed in the Lighthouse Suite, and it was without a doubt the cleanest, most comfortable room I;ve ever stayed in. This trip was my first time staying in a B&B, so I was somewhat hesistant. However, during the booking process, Rich was very friendly and the other tripadvisor reviews were all very positive. Once we arrived on the island and made our way to this very conveniently located Inn, I was greeted, by name no less, by Marge. After showing us where breakfast was served and where the afternoon sweets were set out (compliments of Murdicks Fudge shop), she showed us the games and DVD's (including Somewhere in Time) were kept should we want them, she showed us to our room. We were on the backside of the Inn, on the third floor. The room was light, airy, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The room included a mini fridge. No coffee maker, but that was not a problem as coffee, hot water for tea and ice water are availible 24/7 downstairs. Marge was also very helpful in recommending Mackinac Wheels as the preffered bike rental place, as they are locally owned. In the mornings she also makes a fabulous breakfast that includes fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, bagels and english muffins, baked egg casserole and homemade coffee cake or muffins... YUM! Rich was also very helpful with planning our biking expeditions. My mom and I had an amazing time and I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We were there for a weekend at the beginning of the season. We chose cottage inn because of tripadvisor and were not disappointed!

The inn is very close to the Arnold ferry line, which marge informed me about. The place is absolutely spotless, something that I loved. The lighthouse room is not as big as I assumed it would be, but was sufficient for two. We weren't in the room much anyhow, the island is so beautiful you want to be out as much as you can. The only problem with the room was the morning sunshine. It's got huge windows (east facing) and there's a semicircular section of window with no light obstructing curtains or drapes. Slightly off putting. If you want to sleep in, (and who doesn't on a vacation?), ask about the windows.

Breakfast was similar but great on both days. She can bake! The owners are warm and helpful people who are busy almost always.

The island itself is simply gorgeous. Make a trip there!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just spent the weekend on Mackinac Island at the Cottage Inn. I could not have been more pleased with this boutique hotel/B&B. I've been to Mackinac many times (40+) over the years and have stayed in many of the Islands hotels, large and small and must say that I could not have been more pleased with the Cottage Inn. It's clean, it's cozy and comfortable and Rich and Marge are just delightful hosts who made us feel welcome. My wife and I strongly recommend Cottage Inn and will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Greg F
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 3 relaxing night and days at the Cottage Inn. As always, the savory quiche, freshly baked muffins, fresh fruit, and plenty of coffee at the Cottage Inn makes for a great way to start the day on Mackinac Island. All is specially prepared by the Island's best Inn keepers, Rich and Marge Lind. They too are always present to answer any questions you may have or tell you about the best places explore on the island.

The Cottage Inn also offers comfortable, clean, and quiet rooms on Market Street. Being located on Market Street, just one block away from Huron or Main Street, is close to everything yet away from the more busy hustle bustle.

This was our fourth time to stay at the Inn since December 2010, yes we have visited the island in all seasons and our experience at the Inn has been a six star rating on a five star scale. Jim and Kathleen Tilson

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, comfortable, and theme oriented. Can go on line and choose the best room to suit your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple