Staying at the Harbor View Inn was like a dream come true. We felt so comfortable and at peace here, we never wanted to leave. The Inn is not far from town, and they have a luggage porter who will bring your bags from the ferry to the inn. The location is very convenient as it is located close to Fort Mackinac, the butterfly house, and Ste. Anne's Church.
Our room was clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated, quite spacious, and most importantly - quiet! Despite having an old world decor and feel, the amenities are very modern. By just walking down the hall, we could sit out on the porch with a beautiful view of the Straits and the Round Island Lighthouse.
The staff was courteous and helpful. They held our luggage for us after we had checked out with no problem, and the porter took it to the ferry for us. Breakfast was good - a selection of fruits, cereals, coffee cake, various sweet breads, yogurt, english muffins, etc.
We brought our own bikes, but I noticed the Inn rents out bikes for pretty reasonable prices, which you may find useful if you did not bring your own.
We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island