Harbour View Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Restaurant
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
View Hotel
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Mackinac Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsguest houseoatmealshared balconymain buildingb bcarriage househard boiled eggscontinental breakfastanne's churchshort walkenglish muffinsfront porchair conditioningenjoyed our staybike rentalsno elevatortop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed at the Harbor View in July 2008. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Rooms were very clean. However the beds were the most uncomfortable we have ever experienced. Very hard. There were low thread count scratchy sheets. No name toiletries. We could hear the people walking in the room above us. All in all it was three nights of little to no sleep. In a hotel where you pay in excess of $200/ night, one would expect more. I can't recommend this place to others. We will not return again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank michiganjoan
Reviewed July 12, 2008

The Harbor View inn has nice enough amenities and staff, but they frequently host youth groups. Our stay coincided with one such group and we were up half the night listening to doors slam, and teenage girls and boys running around the halls laughing and yelling. Calls to the front desk got short relief from the noise, but it was not long before they were back at it again.

Be sure to ask when you book your room if they are hosting any groups that week. If they are then look elsewhere, unless you enjoy spending your vacation in a frat house environment.

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank Mahler4
Reviewed July 10, 2008

We made our first trip to Mackinac Island over the 4th of July weekend. This is a beautiful island and our stay at the Harbor View's B&B was delightful. I would definitely choose it again.

The location is excellent -- close enough to the main restaurant/ fort / shopping area but just far enough so that it was quieter and calmer than most of the Main Street hotels.

Our room was very clean and well decorated with a flat screen TV, comfortable easy chair and a king bed. We were at the front of the building and thus had a partial view of the lake itself.

The first 2 floors of the B&B building are not air conditioned. I had some concerns about this but we found that the breeze off the lake was more than enough to keep the room cool. The hotel also provides a fan in each room.

We had a lovely front porch visit with Nancy, the manager of the B&B building. As a year round resident, she had many stories about life on the island in the dead of winter -- snow mobiles, et al. She gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and was very helpful.

Overall, I'd certainly go back to the Harbor View. No complaints and many pluses.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank doveWashington
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I read many reviews on Trip Advisor and finally settled on the Harbor View Inn and was very happy with my choice. The room was put together nicely and did not have the standard hotel room furniture (the TV could of been bigger). The room was clean and in very good condition. We had a patio door with two chairs and table to use which was nice although they were covered in bugs and had to clean them off. There was some kids upstairs that you could hear running around but other than that is was a very peaceful setting. It is located on the edge of "downtown" so it is about a 7 minute walk and you are were all the action is.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank evanremmen
Reviewed June 28, 2008

After a long Trip, you check in to your room, and have to use the rest room, I lifted the lid, the seat was coverd in urine, and feces. I called the desk to have someone fix this, and not even an opology, but they would send someone up. When my Husband and I came back, still dirty, it looked as if someone wiped it slightly with tp. Staff was far from friendly. Breakfast was over an hour earlier than website posted, The breakfast attendant was very rude. Toothpaste and a stir stick were on the floor on our arrival. The top white cotton blanket heavily soiled. No in room coffee, no tea as they claimed, no paper and pen in the room, as you would usually find. The room smelled bad, and it was a non-smoking room. They do have a hot tub on the grounds, it just hasent been working all season, as they assured me would be when we reserved our room. Lush gardens? Well the rest of Mackinac were far more impressive. I would never stay here again. It was our anniversary, and my dream to stay in a charming Bed and Breakfast, I didnt think it meant paying $169.86 to slum it.

8  Thank Stacy062008