We booked our room directly with the hotel back in February. We paid $149 and $179/night. The weekend is more expensive. After we made our reservation we received a coupon for Sheplers ferry to take us to the island. (We departed from Mackinaw City.) The coupon was for $2 off adult fares and $1 off childs fare. Since ferry prices have gone up $4 from last year for an adult ticket, we were glad to have the coupon. Note: Sheplers ferry is not the closet to the hotel. Arnold's is slightly closer. It is about a ten minute walk to the hotel, which is away from the noise and convenience of downtown. Staff will come to the ferry to bring your lugguge to your room, but if you brought bikes you will need to take those to the hotel.
The morning we arrived a persistant, cold rain was coming down so we walked quickly to the hotel. When we arrived we were as wet as our umbrellas! Karen was there to welcome us and brought me a steaming cup of apple cinnamon tea, and the children hot cocoa. She brought over additional chairs so we could all sit down and drink our hot beverages. The warmth of the lobby with the warmth of the welcome made us feel right at home. The front desk staff is knowledgeable and friendly, empathetic and friendly- all through our visit.
We were surprised to see that Harbour View Inn has several "Guest Houses" , so your room may not be in the hotel itself. Fortunately, the rooms are coded. For example, our room was 3406. We were in building three, the fourth floor, the sixth room. An elevator is in the guest house.
Our room is shown in the included pictures. I loved the feminine wallpaper and the view of the lighthouse!! The room was spacious with plenty of room to unpack. We slept like babies in our comfy beds! We didn't hear anyone else during our entire stay.
Landscaping was well done. (Note: the outdoor jacuzzi is a good size, but not working. Check to see if it is fixed.) I took so many pictures of the flowers outside the breakfast room and the gazebo.
The breakfast included a coffee cake, fruit, bagels, cereal, yogurt, muffins. It was open 7:30-9:30. One morning we arrived at 9:00 and there was no coffee left. They were starting to clean up and no new things were brought out, but on a different day that was not the case. The coffee was replenished, but no new food was brought out. For the best selection, arrive early!
Overall, we loved our stay and wished it could last longer! We recommend this hotel to honeymooners, families, anyone with a love for beauty, comfort, nature and water views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island