Let me first say the main house you see in the pictures is beautiful in person with the lilacs blooming mid-June. I knew there were other buildings, but didn't expect the "harbor view rooms" to be the in the B&B next door.
We had tons of stairs to climb to get to room 4301. The main window looking out over the harbor had a nasty looking pole that was part of an old porch not in use anymore. This made for lots of dead bugs right at the screen by that pole. The view was looking out over the road, over other houses and then the water on the other side. The room itself was clean and very simple: bed, end tables, dresser with flat screen tv, closet, and a surprisingly large bathroom with stand up only shower. The wall slants from the roof pitch, so watch your head at the end of the bed. The bathroom had double windows looking out over the main house's lawn and flowers. Bike parking in back of B&B, then walk to ramp to front door. The back door is a residence and is not marked to stay out (until you get to the front porch.) We brought our own bikes for $8 each round trip on the ferry.
Continental breakfast was simple: cereal, fruit, yogurt, slices of pastries and breads, coffee, hard boiled eggs.
We could not find the tv remote when we arrived, so the front desk got a call. A bit of time had passed and no remote showed up, so a second call reveiled the guy had forgot. A housekeeper came up and found an empty room with a remote to use in ours. She said she had worked there 3 years and had never been on that floor. The people at the front desk were very nice and helped us with a few questions we had about town.
We stayed 2 nights during the 10 day Lilac Festival and got lucky that the Taste of Mackinac was being held on the front lawn of the Harbor View Inn! The fancy restaurants on the island had tastings of food, desserts, wine and beer for $15 a person. We didn't know the tickets sold out online in advance, so we talked with the staff at the Inn and they got us in for free! They said next year they will save tickets just for the Inn's guests. A big thank you to Mary from the tourism board for her help with getting us in the event!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island