My husband and I have travelled to Mackinac Island the last 5 years for our anniversary. We have stayed at a new place almost every year because it's part of the fun. We stayed two nights at the carriage house B&B and were very unimpressed. The room was small and uninspired. We are used to small spaces on the island, but the rooms are usually charming. Our room was not air conditioned and we did not have an actual window except in the bathroom, just an "emergency exit" screen door. We typically stay at a place with breakfast because everything on the island is so expensive. The breakfast here was very minimal. They offered freezer bagels, some fruit, oatmeal in a small crock pot. The toaster barely worked. We stayed at the Inn at Mackinac last year and they had an amazing breakfast spread and was actually a less expensive and much better stay. This is not a Bed and Breakfast.. it's a small hotel with a small continental breakfast.
Further, we had difficulty coordinating our luggage down to the Arnold ferry line when leaving. We have always had the luggage sent over to the mainland midday and took a ferry spontaneously when we felt like leaving (the Arnold dock will keep it under a monitored tent until you get there). The front desk told us we must meet the porter at the dock in order to get our luggage sent over. So we called 45 min prior to the ferry we wanted to take and they said they would meet us 10-15 min prior to the ferry leaving. The porter did not arrive until the ferry was loading and it turns out did not even expect to meet us there. We were afraid to leave the island without our luggage. It was an unnecessary stressful end to our stay.
Overall, we love Mackinac Island and have found most places to stay offer little personal and quirky touches that make our stay special. The Harbour View was lacking in this aspect and we would not stay here again. I recommend Mainstreet or the Inn on Mackinac, which are (so far) our favorite places that go the extra mile to make your stay special and easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a short walk from the best attractions on Mackinac Island, yet away from the bustling traffic of downtown. Our relaxing hotel complex offers a variety of rooms in four different buildings and complimentary breakfast. All rooms are non-smoking. Out of respect for all our guests, we ask that you leave your pets at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbour View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour View Hotel Mackinac Island
- Harbor View Hotel
- Harbor View Mackinac Island