Chippewa Hotel Waterfront
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$161
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$149
  • Restaurant
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$169
$190
Hotels.com
Hotel Iroquois(Mackinac Island)
  • Breakfast included
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
  • Spa
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
1,142 results
All reviewspink ponyhot tubstreet sidemilk and cookiestop floorwatch the boatsliving areaturn down serviceoverlooking the watergreat place to stayfort mackinachoneymoon suitewonderful hotelcoffee makerbeautiful viewclip clopferry dock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here several times and we always have a great time. The staff is so courtious and helpful. The Pink Pony on the main level is "the spot" on the island. The new layout this year for the the lower deck bar on the water is much better. Everyone has a great view of the water now from your table or the bar. The rooms are huge! Separate living room and bedroom and your own balcony on the water overlooking the Mackinac Island marina. As I said, it is simply the best on the island.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

Fantastic service. New patio bar is ideal to just sit and take in all the sights and sounds. Brian Bailey, the General Manager is a gracious classy host. He is well respected throughout the business, and knows his guests needs. Great place, will return very soon!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toostrong
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the hotel when a friend wanted a group to accompany him as he surprised his wife for their anniversary. The good thing is the hotel is a stones throw from the ferry, thus right on the water. It is right in the mist of things...so you can walk right out of the hotel to shop, eat or bar hop. In each room there was earplugs supplied to aid in sleeping...you realize why at night...because you are so close to the bars etc. There is a bar in the hotel, however, when we were there they were featuring the most boring live music I"ve ever heard...every single song this lady sang was the same beat and tempo...regardless of the song.

While we were in the bar..."The Pink Pony"......several BATS, flying EXTREMELY low were in the bar.....apparently a common occurance, since the wait staff went in the back and emerged with nets to catch them. Multple times we had to duck so ensure the bats didnt fly into us.

We paid $170.00 per night for the room, which seems reasonable for a room on the water...BUT this was by far the smallest hotel room I've ever seen...it was honestly no bigger and a bedroom in your house. There was ABSOLUTELY, no way two people could be in the bathroom at the same time, and the shower would be impossible if you were a larger person (there was no tub--as you showered your elbows could touch the wall and the shower curtain simaltaneously. I should note that we got a standard room and it seems the suites are significantly larger.

Overall, with the exception of the uncomfortable shower (I'm tall, but by no means large), I can't complain about the hotel and considering it's proximity to everything would return. BUT don't expect an early check-in or a late check-out.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The Chippewa Hotel has so many positives when visiting Michigan's most beautiful vacation destination. I liked: the two minute walk from the Arnold ferry, the awsome views of arriving boats and passing freighters both from my room and the indoor and outdoor restaurants, the newly renovated open air bar that rivals any I have visited in the caribean, the ease of enjoying the island's many points of interest from a very central location, and the friendliness and attention from the staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2009

The room was on the expensive side, but my wife and I wanted to have a nice waterfront room on Mackinac Island. We checked in to our room and it was beautiful with a great view. The only thing wrong, and it was a big thing, the patio bar is right out in front of the waterfront rooms. The speakers for the bar were mounted just outside our room. We had blarring bar music in our room until very late at night. If you intend to use your room to sleep, this isn't the place.

1  Thank Lancesurf