We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a nice balcony over-looking the harbor. It was very nice. The balconies are not private from the neighboring balconies, a bit of a draw back as our neighbors were enjoying a weekend beer drinking extravaganza on their balcony. This was not the hotel's fault, of course. Our suite was very nice, it was very clean. Very big with nice amenities. Location is fantastic if you like to be in the thick of it, which we do. Pink Pony is on the first floor and cannot be beat for food, service, and entertainment. I did note the following drawbacks:
1) not enough bike parking at the hotel.
2) our shower was above the large Jacuzzi tub in our suite and very difficult/next to impossible to use as the tub floor is very slanted and slippery when wet. It was very difficult to stand in and shower.
3) a tiny and slow elevator which is typical for antique hotels and does not bother us at all, we used the stairs.
4) the large multiple person "hot" tub was freezing and there was no way to increase the heat.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay there and I would recommend it to other families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our turn of the century hotel, built in 1902, has all of it's original victorian charm combined with all the modern amenities that resort travelors have come to expect. With it's prime downtown, waterfront location, the Chip is definitely the place to stay. All waterside rooms are large suites with spacious balconies. All suites have been recently updated and feature separate livingrooms, two flatscreen tvs, king or queen pillowtop beds, and wetbar. The lakeside patio features a 25 person jacuzzi hottub. It is home to the famous Pink Pony which has four different dining and drinking experiences. It's sister hotel, the Lilac Tree Suites & Spa features the Lilac Tree Spa for your relaxing enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Chippewa Hotel Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chippewa Hotel Mackinac Island