“Great, fast service”

Mackinac Island Bike Shop
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Mackinac Island
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I brought my own bike on the island, but needed a burley trailer for the kids. They took my bike, attached the burley trailer to it and before i could even pay it was ready for me. You pay by the hour. The burley was great, and I had no problems fitting my two kids in it as i rode around the island twice with a pit stop for Ice Cream. Drop off was a breeze as well.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A very efficient and friendly shop. They have competitive rates and make it easy to rent a bike for as long as you need to enjoy the Island. This is certainly the way to go.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I rented bikes to ride around the island. It is affordable and an unique way to see the island. The ride around the complete island is eight miles which is on a trail and is an easy ride.

1  Thank lmk413
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was my favorite part of visiting the Island (except for how Shepler's Ferry took us under the bridge!). 2 adults and 3 tween girls had a priceless time at around $80. The guys outfitted us with the perfect bikes. My husband wishes he would have skipped the mountain bike and embraced the cruiser (like mine). The cruiser was cheaper and more FUN! My only concern was helmets. We got sent out on the road without them (BUT got a water bottle in each basket, PERFECT). I asked but it was a kind of shrug ... your choice thing. I did enjoy riding around without them but would play it more safe next time IF it's more into the season. We went on June 24th and it's just BARELY pre-season. The streets get a LOT more crowded and I'd definitely have a helmet on in peak season. (Being from Oregon area, it was WEIRD not to have one since they are MANDATORY here.) The fresh lake breezes in our faces, the sun on our hair, peddle peddle peddle and ccccooooaaaasssssttttttt, the rock stacks people have made, the stops to see sights, bring a packed snack and take a rest, the fellow travelers on horses, carriages (private) and other bikes (look out for the tandems ... they have less control), the bridge coming into sight around the corner, back in to town and the feel of walking again throwing you off....it's all heaven. The 7ish miles go by fast and will be a memory forEVER. Memories flooded me as I road. My teen years with friends, staying too late on the island and those COLD wading breaks. Nothing makes you feel young like riding around the island! JUST DO IT!
Bottom Line: Look at it this way, take the fudge money and put it toward a healthy activity. Don't worry about the $, just GO!

3  Thank caringcustomer
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We rented for four 7 speed bikes to ride around the island from the Mackinac Island Bike Barn. We got there around 7:10 pm and they close at 8pm. The usual rate is $7 an hour but they have a special at that time of night for $14 per bike and you can have them to midnight. We just brought them back when finished and locked them up. What a blast. We rode all over the island and being later in the evening the streets were not as crowded. We definetly got our monies worth.