“No deposit, pay when you're done”

Mackinac Island Bike Shop
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Mackinac Island
Amherst, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No deposit, pay when you're done”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

There were so many bike shops downtown I just arbitrarily picked this one because they offered maps of "self-guided tours." There wasn't any additional or interesting information on the maps and really I could have printed it at home and gone anywhere.

Though I requested a helmet at the counter, they didn't give me one when I went to pick up my bike. But I just went with it (though the entire time riding I was regretting not insisting on one).

The one thing I didn't like is that as a female they had zip-tied a fake pink flower on the handle bars. Unnecessary!

The price seemed about average and the bike was comfortable and seemed to be well maintained.

Greensburg, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“Good.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The only thing to complain about here is the price. If you have your own bikes and are willing to drag them with you, pay a small fee for taking it across on the ferry to the island. It would be worth it. Cost us $60 but 2 bikes and a burley for our toddlers. All for a total of a little over 2 hours.

Greentown, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Get your bike here.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband is tall. The were very nice in finding bikes that were comfortable and also included a bottle of water. We paid when we returned them and was pro rated. Bikes were well taken care of and rode well.

4 Thank Sabes74