“Fun for experienced and non-experienced riders!”

Jack's Livery Stable
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I love going here! They let you choose whether you want a guide the whole time or just to get you started which is good because I liked going on my own. They also help choose which horse is going to be best for you depending on what you are most comfortable with. The only thing I was not to pleased with was the prices they charged but I guess being a touristy place they can have a little higher prices. Overall I love it and I go back every year!

2  Thank Rachel235

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Horses are well-trained and know their routes better than the drivers...

3  Thank Bobsibaok
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I took our grandkids on the one-hour carriage tour. Though they are only two and four, we were not sure how it would go. The kids were great, the tour was great, and Vic (our driver) was wonderful. There were just enough stops along the way to keep the kids entertained. Midway through at Arch Rock, there was a restroom, which was nice for the kids! The trails were pretty and we made lasting memories.

3  Thank oogeybootsMichigan
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family and I took a carriage tour with a guide named Vic. Being a 4th generation permanent resident of the island, he was extremely knowledgeable about the island's history. The tour was fantastic and gave us a whole new outlook on the island. I think most visitors to the island visit the downtown and take a bike ride around the exterior of the island. The tour focuses a lot on the center of the island. A few of the highlights of the tour: passing the governor's mansion, the grand hotel, the Catholic, Protestant, and Military cemeteries, Arch Rock, a tour through some of the residential neighborhoods of the permanent residents, along with many other highlights. We spent a lot of time on wooded trails that were very beautiful. Our guide, Vic, was very nice and willing to answer all of our questions. I would highly recommend this tour!

2  Thank sarakay66
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Kids wanted to ride a horse and buggy on the Mackinaw Island. I figured that they'd get bored, so we looked Jack's. They rent horse and buggies and also horses to go horseback riding. Having absolutely no riding experience, they quickly put me at ease. We opted for the 1 hour ride. They provide you with a map and explanation. I actually think that neither is overly important as these horses seemed to know exactly what to do and where to go. This was a great time for myself and my kids. The one hour tour took us next to the Grand, the cemetery, and the governor's home. I'd recommend highly as an alternative to the "normal" mackinaw touristy stuff.

2  Thank herephishy