“The horse know the way”

Jack's Drive It Yourself Buggy Ride
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a fun thing to do with the family. Takes about two hours but well worth it.

1  Thank PhoenisSunDog
There are newer reviews for Jack's Drive It Yourself Buggy Ride

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We rented a buggy and requested a horse named June which did a phenomenal job as we took a ride during an early morning rain. June was a sweetheart who knew the route well, once even giving us a look like we were downright goofy when we tried to steer her in the wrong direction. Both of my kids enjoyed the ride, and we were happy with personnel at the location. Give June an extra carrot from Jake and Josie!

1  Thank JakeandJosiesMom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We did this, and our kids are STILL talking about it. Once in your life, you should rent a horse buggy and where brett than to do it o. Mackinac Island? Great family memory!

1  Thank traveldoc
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Very fun time. The horses are trained very well and will basically do it all without much help from you. Its a fair price because its $100so for a private carriage tour.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Sooo...my kid couldn't ride a horse since they are too big for her. We opted for the 2 person carriage. We were warned that Molly knows the road and which trail is the shortest route. When we came upon the fork in the road and attempted to guide her left, the only thing that moved was her head. I was instructed to firmly encourage her to turn at this intersection and was warned that she might give me a fight, but I didn't expect her to push back on the carriage and almost drive me into a team carriage that was traveling behind us. Their driver yelled out to me, thinking I was trying to drive her a different direction. At that point in the ride, we realized that perhaps the reason the stable allows the public to drive these carriages is because these horses pretty much don't need a driver. They apparently know the route just fine and are not open to taking the scenic route...

Other than that, my daughter loved riding in the carriage. It was a fun and memorable way to go up into the woods, see the Grand hotel and the fort. I don't think we'd do it again unless we knew we were getting a more obedient animal. Plus, it's a slow way to ride around. Mountain biking is a much better option if you're fit enough for it.

1  Thank rosielovestravel