Jack's Drive It Yourself Buggy Ride
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a great way to see the lower part of the island. Ned was a delightful horse that lead us around. He didn't even mind the rain.

2  Thank SpringmanKane
All reviews
"staff was very friendly and helpful"
"british landing"
"pace"
"mackinac"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm in the process of learning to drive draft horses before I even went to Mackinac so I thought it would fun to definitely do it there. What could be better than hearing the clippity clop of hooves with the Grand Hotel in your sight! Not something you can do just anywhere so I don't feel it was overpriced and I was very pleased with the horse/cart they matched me up with. I appreciated that they have a choice of suggested routes ahead of time that vary in time so that you could stay within a budget if you have one or could target certain attractions.

3  Thank dogz10
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Easy to drive. Great introduction by staff. Fun way to see the island and be a part of the island atmosphere. May seem expensive, but when you are back you are going to be saying "that was a lot of fun" and the price won't enter your mind again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our 11 year old thought it would be the coolest thing to get to drive around the island in your "own" buggy. A little pricey, but it made her very happy. Staff was very quick to help out and get us on our way.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We decided to try the "drive it yourself" buggy ride around the island; our carriage horse was "June" & she was quite a good guide~having traveled the island many times, she knew which route to go! Kind of pricey, but we wanted to take in the sights on the island & it was a beautiful May day! I would highly recommend this! Pleasant folks at Jack's Livery!