“Best fudge on the island”
Review of Velvet - CLOSED

Velvet
“Best fudge on the island”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Velvet is a more recent addition to the fudge shops on Mackinac Island. I have tried all of the different fudge shops over many years. Velvet is by far the best one.The prices are good and they have a good special going on all the time. Their chocolate cherry is my favorite.

Newton, MA
“We sampled everyone's fudge and this was the one we liked best.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Taste is a personal thing. We sampled everyone's fudge (you quickly learn that there are only five different fudge shops on the island although there are something like 18 fudge stores). We liked Velvet's fudge very much and for the price you cannot beat it. While we did not try it, they were scooping HUGH ice cream cones too. A true sugar high.

• Visited August 2012
“Great ice cream but...”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The ice cream here is delicious and the staff was very friendly but...when we went there the place was in complete disarray. I even asked them if they were closing. Half of the ice cream on display was covered with boxes and trays and I wasn't even able to see inside half the case. The counters were also covered in crumbs and various other trash. But I really wanted to try their ice cream and was pleasantly surprised, must just have caught them at a bad time?

michigan
“Like Velvet....”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Never thought i could find fudge that was smoother than Ryba's until I tried Velvet. Great prices....5 slices for $19.95 and smooth as velvet! The butterfinger choice tasted like the candy bar and my favorite, plain chocolate would make me go there again on my next visit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank disneyfanMichigan
Troy, Michigan
“Sorry to have wasted the calories”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I got chocolate ice cream here. It was flavorless and not at all creamy

Visited July 2012