Grand Hotel
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$161
  • Pool
The Inn at Stonecliffe(Mackinac Island)
$218
$211
Murray Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$229
$222
  • Restaurant
$275
Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
$313
  • Breakfast included
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
$194
$188
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
$154
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
$258
  • Spa
Chippewa Hotel Waterfront(Mackinac Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
2,775 results
All reviewscupola barcourse dinnerno tippingthe main dining roomjockey clubgrand experiencebucket listlongest porchhigh teaonce in a lifetimedress codecoat and tiecelebrate michiganpecan balllunch buffetcruise shipterrace room
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Grand Hotel is lovely and staying there is a real treat. We visit the island annually for a golf outing fundraiser and really enjoy staying at Grand Hotel while we're there. The gardens are lovely and the staff friendly, warm, welcoming and attentive. If that' weren't enough, there's the beauty of the building itself. Built in the late 1800s Grand Hotel maintains the elegance of the Victorian era and encourages you to slow down and enjoy your time spent there. If you do have to work, the hotel offers amenities like free Wi-Fi. Balance that with afternoon tea and dressing for dinner for Grand Hotel's elegant meals and you've got a winning combination. Yes, Grand Hotel is a splurge, but it's well worth it..

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NorthbyNorthwest_9
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We just ended a 4 night stay at the Grand. We could not have been more satisfied from the arrival at the dock to the final taxi back to dock, we were exceptionally pleased. We will definitely be back for more time at the Grand and on the Island. We will also recommend others to enjoy the majesty of this FINE grand logde.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank CandCinNY
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I were at the Grand Hotel in June for a "Celebrate Your Marriage" conference. We have stayed at the Grand perhaps 5 times now. We actually ended our Honeymoon 6 years ago by staying at the Grand & going to this same conference. This year was no different. The hotel itself is elegant & extravagantly decorated for it's period. The rooms are perfectly appointed and of course, Lovely. We enjoyed a King size bed & large room this time. The food is more like a 5 star restaurant in my opinion.

I was treated as if I was someone important with my allergy to Gluten. When we ate at the Luncheon Buffet, the chef came out & showed me every item on the buffet that I could eat & the desert chef did the same thing for me.... when the deserts I could eat were not on the buffet after I'd finished eating, they brought out chocolate covered strawberries on a silver-toned platter with a lace doily under it & placed them on my desert plate for me. Very elegant indeed!

The ballroom is beautiful & lots of fun with Alex & the band playing wonderful music. We love going to the Grand and plan on going again in the near future. It's one of our favorite places in Michigan to go to for a special get-away. I cannot recommend the Grand Hotel enough. The people there are wonderful! Extremely helpful, and always treat you with the highest respect & dignity. This is a place of elegance & graciousness.... Something that I feel has been lost in some parts of our lives now-days.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

What a major disappointment. My husband and I spent three nights here and it was a mistake. We have stayed at many five star hotels and this just doesn't qualify. Our room was small with no place to work on my computer. The bathroom had average amenities, but the shower was poor, with water running hot and cold during the shower. The bed we had at the Holiday Inn at Big Rapids was so comfortable - this one was hard and old- no pillow top here! The furniture was also old and chipped. No robes or slippers! Front desk service is very poor and unhelpful.
The food is poor to say the least. The first night I ordered trout - I love fish - but this was inedible - very fishy. Service is spotty - sometimes good, sometimes absolutely awful. We have done cruises with better food and service. Our first night- five course dinner took 30 minutes- we were served two courses before we got our wine! Not the leisurely dinner we were expecting. Another morning, it took an hour for breakfast- terrible service! Don't expect seconds on coffee- you're lucky if you get one cup! Everything is made ahead of time and comes out of a fridge - don't ask for anything like hot fudge on your ice cream - you won't get it.
The pool is large but quite a walk from the hotel.
The common areas of the hotel - porch, lobby, etc. are lovely and beautifully decorated.
The Grand is something to see but I would not stay here! Come for a lunch buffet or High Tea for the experience - then be on your way.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
58  Thank counselor18
Reviewed August 25, 2011

It was surprised to read so many negative reviews of Grand Hotel so I thought I would include my thoughts. I will start by saying although I have seen several guest rooms, I have never spent the night so I cannot comment on the beds or sound proofing. I have, however, visited on a number of occasions for afternoon/ evening dining and once for dancing. In this regard the hotel was wonderful on all occasions. Grand Hotel is a stately, historic property in an incredibly beautiful setting and needs to be appreciated for that. For those not liking the smell of the horses or feeling like it is too boring on an island without cars then the Island itself is not for you. For those who enjoy hiking, walking, bike riding or horse back riding then the Island and the State Park which encompasses most of the Island may be a good fit for you. For those who enjoy feeling like you have been transported in time and enjoy history and beautiful architecture both Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel should be a joy for you. My husband and I travel for these things and there are very few of the Grand Old Hotels left in the US so we treasure this gem. The setting with the horses and lack of autos makes it that much nicer. We were in Charleston and Savannah in the spring and LOVED them both but wished we could have seen the amazing homes without all the cars whizzing by. Yes, Grand Hotel is old but that is its charm. The decor has a distinct style ala Dorothy Draper via Carleton Varney (timeless decorators for historic properties) but it is not from the 70's; it was actually redone in the last few years I believe. Not old just a style and one that suits the hotel as it would not be fitting to decorate it like a modern luxury hotel. If you are not capable of slowing down and relaxing and enjoying a setting from the past then the Island and Grand are not for you. However, if you appreciate things like high tea, evening walks in a magical, slow paced setting and spending time in a classic historic setting straight out of the movies then you might enjoy Grand Hotel and Mackinac Island as much as we do.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple