“Great coffee, personal service, sure beats the rest”

Lucky Bean Coffeehouse
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great coffee, personal service, sure beats the rest”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

It is always nice to find an independent coffee shop. The owner served us with grace and efficiency. She shared her experience of starting the shop expressing both an excitement for the work and love of Mackinaw Island.

• Visited June 2013

Portage, Indiana
“Very friendly, cute little place across from fire station”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good coffee and nice reprieve from the big coffee houses. We originally stopped at Starbucks on main street only to find out they weren't honoring the national promotion for the day.

My wife recalled passing a coffee place a few minutes before and decided to try it out.

Glad we did, great daily special and friendly service.

Visited May 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Love Love Love this place!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stumbled upon this coffee shop and was lured in by the different types of pumpkin coffee offered and displayed on the window. This tiny little spot has two booths and a counter that sits about 4. I was greeted by the most cheerful little thing that offered explanations on all of the different pumpkin coffee choices. After choosing my pumpkin, we chatted for a moment about the shop and how happy I was to drink from a local business owner rather than a chain coffee house. I asked about wifi and availability, and explained that I was having issues logging on at my hotel. She said it was no problem and invited me to come back and sit for as long as I needed to complete my work. After sipping her delicious pumpkin concoction, I knew I would be back with laptop in hand.
Not only did I return, but the same smiling face was there to greet me and make a replica of the coffee from the day before. Out of appreciation of my new favorite place on the island, I "liked" on Facebook (of course), and bought a tote bag and a bag of Ginger Spice coffee, which she ground for me.
I love the fact that she remembered me the days that I visted by an enthusiastic "Oh hiiiii there!" She treated everyone that walked in with the same friendliness and was always so happy and grateful for the fact they chose to come to her coffee house. On our last day, luckily she updated her FaceBook page she decided to open from 10am to 2pm, so we got to have one last cup before we left on the ferry. Turns out my cheerful friendly little coffee girl was the owner, which didn't surprise me. Thankfully she confirmed she would be back next year with more of her mad skills (my words not hers). :-)
They are located among the shops one block off Main St, on Market st. and is a great little spot for happiness and fantastic coffee!

blairsville, PA
“YUM”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

After riding around the island in 50 degree temperature, it was so nice to relax with a hot chocolate steamer. How delicious!! Skip starbucks and visit here instead!

Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty coffee, friendly service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The coffee is delicious, nice option to have on the island in the AM. Service was a little slow as there seemed to be only one person working but it's hard to be in a rush on Mackinac Island so it didn't really hinder our experience.