“Nice”
Review of J L Beanery - CLOSED

J L Beanery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A coffee shop located in the harbor offering freshly made muffins, scones, bagels. Coffee drinks, fresh fruit smoothies, and teas are available.
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

JL Beanery is a great little restaurant. If you are in Mackinac Island and want a nice quiet breakfast or cup of coffee this is the place. I had a Hot Chocolate which is better than the Starbucks one I had the day before and I also had the yogurt bowl and it was absolutely delicious! I will not forget about this place when I go back to Mackinac Island. Go check it out you wont be dissappointed.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is such a cute little place, all the baked goods are homemade and DELICIOUS!! it over looks the harbor so the environment is great!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great view, and if the weather isn't the greatest, the owners make you feel right at home, . . . sweet couple! Went back 3 times during our short visit! Food was fantastic,and plenty for your buck! Even the neighbor dog Chloe was a treat! : ) Will definitely go back next trip, and recommend it as a Go To place while on the island!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This charming spot will always be close to our hearts. The love of my life proposed to me while sitting on the dock, sipping coffee and watching the morning boats roll out. ( morning proposal= a very romantic day! ) We enjoyed a delicious breakfast while basking in the warm sun, scenic vista, and love, sweet love!

Of course, we returned the next morning for more basking, and warm coffee! Owner, Mrs. Johnson celebrated with us and made our experience very special. ( we love our J L Beanery coffee mugs) We made an incredible memory at this delightful little coffee shop! We will be back.

Sincerely, The Future Mr. & Mrs.

1  Thank jjane2012
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Walked down the water front and found this place. The lady told me a little about their coffees and how to order a Frappe. I ordered two Mocha Frappe's with whip cream and they were delicious. Even the decaf one! They have a nice little area to sit either inside or out with a great lake view. It was so peaceful that some people were sitting in the sunlight inside eating a light lunch and reading. I could have stayed in there all day just smelling the aroma of coffee and enjoying the view!