“Great Burgers, average fries”

Chuck Wagon of Mackinac
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are the smallest restaurant on Mackinac at twelve feet wide and forty feet long. We use fresh ingredients and have food delivered everyday.You can watch the cook/owner Don prepare your breakfast or lunch right in front of you.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We read the reviews on trip advisor and this place did not disappoint as far as the burger side. I ordered the chuck wagon with bacon and fried onions. My wife ordered the olive burger, both burgers we had to napkins to keep the juices from getting all over our shirts. We had to do the philly steak sandwich hunch to eat our burgers. Service was great, however some hand cut fries would have made our meal great. The fries were just average and nothing special... I thought they were really underwhelming...

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped here for lunch after the rush hour. Had a very tasty, filling meal at a reasonable cost, considering being on an island. Seating is very limited but found a table in the back for a party of three. Servers were very helpful and we had more than one for our table.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The first time we tried to eat here it was packed for breakfast so we kept walking and came back 20 min later and found two open seats at the counter. It was very busy felt like being in a Waffle House. The food wasn't bad but wasn't great. The scrambled eggs didn't look very scrambled to me and the hashbrowns were not crispy at all. I prefer Denny's but this place was better than another place down the street that we tried.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Very small place, but very big on taste. We had the rattlesnake burger and the BLT. Burger had great spicy flavor and the BLT was just like home made. I suggest trying this place out.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Chuck Wagon is worth the wait. Our favorite stop on the island. I did miss the peace sign on my pancakes as the waitress said it was lost. If I find one I'll be sure to buy it for them!