“Giddyup and Go!”

Chuck Wagon of Mackinac
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are the smallest restaurant on Mackinac at twelve feet wide and forty feet long. We use fresh ingredients and have food delivered everyday.You can watch the cook/owner Don prepare your breakfast or lunch right in front of you.
Gladstone, Missouri
“Giddyup and Go!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Delicious homemade style breakfast in a diner setting. Staff very friendly. Each of my three breakfasts were perfectly prepared and prepared me for the day of walking and biking around the Island. One day for lunch I had the best BLT ever! Not sure what he did to it to make it special as I watched him make it for Pete's sake!! From what I understand, the owner is the cook and it is a treat to watch how he cooks everything. Whenever I get back to the Island, a few visits to the Chuck Wagon will be on order.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MimiB96

Standish, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Burgers!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This Tiny restaurant is located on the main street on Macinac Island. It boasts of the best burgers and they are 100% correct. Over the years I have eaten in most of the dining establishments on the island. I find the homey atmosphere and friendly staff a welcome change, have I mentioned the fantastic burgers. If you remember the cozy mom and pop diners of the 50's and 60's you will love this place.

• Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Personalized, friendly service with great value!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We truly enjoyed a simple breakfast at the Chuck Wagon. The waiter was one of the friendliest service employees we have encountered on the island. Our breakfast was delivered fresh in just minutes and the coffee was wonderful! We will likely return for a second morning yet this week.

Visited June 2014
Fenton, Michigan
“Best breakfast in town!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The size and possible wait may deter you from entering, but the chuck wagon has by far the best breakfast on the island. The service is wonderful. Your food is prepared in a timely fashion and it is perfect every time. This will always be a must stop on a trip to the island.

Visited June 2014
Lewiston, Michigan
“do not miss this dining experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

like eating at the kitchen counter, this diner is so small. I never miss my value meal at the Chuckwagon, whose owner is the fastest chef in Michigan, whether you eat breakfast or lunch. You will not find a better value on the entire Island. There is a reason why it is so crowded...people return here year after year once they discover this little niche on the main drag.

• Visited June 2014