“Not scary”

The Haunted Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a very fun Haunted House. It's all about laughing and screaming. If you don't know how to laugh and scream and have fun, you will not like this attraction...... Don't waste your time or money. It is definitely very "old school". The idea for the Haunted House was based on Indian Legends from the past. Artist friend Dale Kuipers hand crafted and artistically created the finer displays. Everything was made from scratch........all the art work.....all the mechanics.....everything.. I realize that there are several displays that should be totally pitched, but I have a hard time convincing the owner to do that. He is very very "old school" I know it needs to be updated. Back in the 1890's this location housed a Rollar Rink, which is hard to imagine. Then it was a family theatre........then a movie theatre.........then in the early 1970's Frank Nephew and Robert Benser purchased the building. In 1974 they leased the building to Welden Blum and Joe Feuquay. Welden Blum is still today the owner of The Haunted Theatre. Dale Kuipers was the artistic talent........Welden was the Engineer..........Joe was the Businessman. Others involved with their creative talents were Rick Beeman and Sheldon Bennet. This location, many many moons ago must have been part of Indian History, perhaps even a burial ground.
charleston, sc
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not scary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The “scenes” in this place are ridiculous. There is nothing remotely scary or haunted about it. Kind of sad, I love haunted houses!

Visited August 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Adults a little disappointed, the kids liked it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We always wanted to visit this place but this year was the first time we entered the Haunted theatre. We went as a family with 2 adults and 2 kids ages 9 and 11. I thought it was ok. The kids liked it a lot. It was short and went way too quickly for the expense. It was completely dark in there which added an element of mystery. There were noises which intended to scare us which were entertaining. It was mostly looking in windows at freaky things and wax characters. I thought it would be a little scarier but I think they tailored it to our 9 year old. That was probably a good thing because she was a little scared.

Visited August 2012
Reuver, The Netherlands
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fun cheesy thrills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you want to have a good laugh, a bit of a thrill and are a kid at heart, definitely check this out. I've been going there for years and it just never gets old, even though the props are silly and it isn't REALLY scary. It's just plain fun!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank AM S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Scared out of my mind.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We bought our tickets promised by the old man that nothing would jump out at us or grab us and we trusted him but then we went to put our tickets in to what looked like a coffin and the top wood part jumped a little and I did as well. The guy laughed and that set the tone for the whole trip into the theatre. As we entered it was quite dark and we reached a point where you could go back and just leave but I decided to venture on and amused by the many wax figures that were very artistically molded and shaped but my friend and I always felt like something or someone was following us and not far behind and as we were aproaching the end of the theatre the figure that was following us and scaring us was more clear, I was grabed by the arm for a few short second and my hair was tousled a little as well, I jumped back and screamed and little. And then as we exited something was making strange noises and crawling on the ground. I saw it and immediatley dashed out of the building.I was scared so badly.

2 Thank taydodge
Grand Rapids, MI
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Too scary for my 9 year old.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Too scary for my Daughter and my Husband thought it was old and cheesy. The exhibits are outdated and for the price it was just not worth it.

Visited July 2012