“Awesome tour”

Haunts of Mackinac
Ranked #6 of 12 Tours in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Haunts of Mackinac offers a variety of walking tours for those interested in history, legends, and ghost stories. Join us on an adventure into the unknow. One of our stops on the tour is Mission Point Resort as featured on Syfy Channel's Ghost Hunters.
Warren, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome tour”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went on this tour a few days ago with my two sisters. It was a lot of fun. And even if you aren't into the whole ghost thing that's ok because the tour is full of historic information too. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable in the history of Mackinac Island and of course its creepy past! Me and my one sister even had a ghost experience while we were on the tour! I would recommend this to anyone. Its fun to do something different than going drinking downtown at night. (not that thats not fun too though!) But doing this tour was an awesome experience! very cool

Visited September 2013
3 Thank mary p

southgate
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“scarey”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

did the midnight tour a few years ago. very interesting. kind of scarey. however, when I went to the museum I knew something strange was there. went upstairs by myself to check out the rooms. all of a sudden the air felt very stagnant. it was like someone closed every opening up and I couldn't breathe. I definitely felt a presence. went flying down the stairs. an employee was sitting at the desk and asked what was wrong. I told her and she said a lot of people have the same experience. went outside and waited for my group. my sister-in-law came running out too! someone there definitely doesn't like visitors. we also stayed at the lilac tree hotel. woke in the middle of the night because I heard screaming and crying. the room was on the 2nd floor at the back side of the hotel. it was a woman's voice screaming and someone coughing uncontrollably.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Mary Ann H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love these tours”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last year we did the downtown tour and the ghost hunt tour all in one night and it was very fun. So when we returned to the island this year we made sure we did another tour. We did the dead of the night tour with Kimberly who was very knowledgeable about the island stories and legends. Again we had an awesome time and plan to do a tour each vist we make. Love these tours!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank redblondie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spooky”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Take the late night tour around midnight. The history aspect was interesting. The island has more then just horses and awesome hotels. I had no idea it was an Indian burial ground! Worth the $25.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Leighanne V
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Coolest thing to do on the Island!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My sister and I visited Mackinac Island in July 2013 and one of the best activities we did was Haunts of Mackinac. We took ALL the three tours conducted by Haunts of Mackinac. And they were ALL GREAT!!!! Each tour had something different to offer, even though a couple of stories were repeated in the three tours (the important ones), they were all fantastic. ALL the tour guides and staff were awesome! A MUST Must Must do when in Mackinac Island.

Visited July 2013