“Very well-trained horses, pleasant staff”

Cindy's Riding Stable Market Street
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Friendly place will well-behaved horses. A guide escorted us to a trail and then let us ride -- an easy hour in the island interior.

1  Thank NinaGuevera
in 59 reviews
"woods"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2012

After a morning bike ride around the island, my 9-year-old, 7-year-old and I went on an hour-long horseback ride with a great guide, Christy. Perfect experience. Rode past the Grand Hotel, through interior island neighborhoods, then on wooded paths. Just right in relation to length of time, scenery, and pace. It was a hit with the kids (and just enough variety for me!)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My youngest son's first time riding. They were patient and understanding. By the time the ride was over, my son was hooked and wanted to do it over and over. Great way to spend time seeing the woods and wildlife.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We rented three horses from Cindy's and had a great ride. We have only been riding a few times, the horses were gentle but could move quickly when we wanted to pick up the pace. Our guide took us up island, then gave us easy to follow instructions on which paths to take. The ride up was on paved surfaces, but the ride back was through beautiful forest trails. The staff in the shop was pleasant but kind of quiet; I wonder if some of the other reviewers are interpreting that as rudeness.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Loved my horse, Midnight. Loved the Breakfast Snack Trail which was a nice trail into the wild forest. It made me feel like we were the first humans to travel through there. I would come back to Mackinac Island just to ride Cindy's horses again! I'm an experienced rider but my sister has limited experience and our mounts were perfectly chosen for each of us. Thank you!