“Banana walnut French toast”
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: This island eatery has been serving up classic American meals since 1963. Breakfast can be enjoyed all day in this cozy venue. Mackinac Island’s fastest short order cooks whip up fresh eggs to order, breakfast sandwiches, omelets, Plath’s smoked meats, waffles and pancakes dressed with fresh fruits, nuts or chocolate, deli sandwiches, and soup.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Service was good. Waitresses smiling and happy. I got your everyday bacon and eggs. Taste just like breakfast. Bacon should be a little better. My wife had the banana walnut French toast. It was great without syrup and amazing with syrup. Coffee was really strong.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Though the place was not completely full, it took nearly 25 minutes to get our breakfast and we weren't alone; half the restaurant was waiting for food. The food was fine but not really worth the wait. Water was not refilled, even though that was my only beverage. We couldn't get the waitress to come back to pick up the check and ended up leaving $25 on the table which was breakfast & tip for two. There are no restrooms; I was offered the employee bathroom in the back room.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The sausage is good, not full of gristle and fat. The eggs were cooked just like I like them. The service was great. My husband got pancakes that were superb.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Big portions, great atmosphere. Service always very pleasant. Great coffee. Always a must when we are Up North!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was very supprised to see how many places recognized gluten free. And all four of us thought the food was very good.