“VERY GOOD FOOD!!!!!”
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Must have: Choice Of Delicious Skillets, Phil’s Famous Pancakes This Island institution has been serving up classic American meals since 1963. This cozy venue is open all day for breakfast or lunch. Mackinac Island’s fastest short order cooks create delicious fresh eggs to order, breakfast sandwiches, omelets, Plath smoked meats, waffles and pancakes with fresh fruits, nuts and/or chocolate. Deli sandwiches, fresh soups & daily specials, ice cream. Remember to add in a gourmet milkshake, ice cream or Ryba’s fudge for dessert!
Saint Ignace, Michigan, United States
“VERY GOOD FOOD!!!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Went to the pancake house this am with my two children (teenage boys). All three of us had the big breakfast with hashbrowns eggs bacon and toast, Our hashbrowns were wonderfully golden brown and a little crispy (not chopped up and burnt), our eggs were poached perfectly, and our bacon was hot and crispy. Our toast however wasn't toasted and was more like warm bread, but if thats the only thing to improve on, then they certainly have a winner. I personally thought the prices were very reasonable for all of the main menu items (everybody knows ala carte is always way more). Service was lacking a little, no sign of a hostess or manager on duty, understaffed I would wager, but I would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2012

Macomb, Michigan
“Great Inexpensive Breakfast”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food is very good but the service is something to be desired. The cook almost ran over my 98 year old grandmother without even saying excuse me or I'm sorry. Besides his arrogance, he did make good food. I would recommend this as a place to eat.

Visited July 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Average all around”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The menu was your average breakfast diner menu. Tried some of their omelettes and was mildly impressed. Service was above average on the other hand! Very pleasant waitress for an early morning. Wouldn't be the first place I'd go to but wasn't bad. We left with full stomachs!

• Visited August 2012
“Great pancakes, dinky omelets”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I got the pancakes and they were very good. The service wasn't bad either. I wouldn't recommend the omelets because they are small.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I ordered two eggs and toast and I waited for 45 minutes.

I mean the eggs and toast were okay, but we're talking about eggs and toast here.

The place is a rip off (three pieces of bacon is $4) but that is to be expected on Mackinaw Island, what is not acceptable is the service.

• Visited July 2012