“Worst meal on the island”
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Must have: Choice Of Delicious Skillets, Phil’s Famous Pancakes This Island institution has been serving up classic American meals since 1963. This cozy venue is open all day for breakfast or lunch. Mackinac Island’s fastest short order cooks create delicious fresh eggs to order, breakfast sandwiches, omelets, Plath smoked meats, waffles and pancakes with fresh fruits, nuts and/or chocolate. Deli sandwiches, fresh soups & daily specials, ice cream. Remember to add in a gourmet milkshake, ice cream or Ryba’s fudge for dessert!
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I will start by saying that I hate to write reviews like this. We went there this morning after reading the reviews on here and we're really excited for our breakfast. The meals were very over priced and the portions are extremely small for what you pay for. I ordered pancakes and they were thin and did not taste good. The service was also not good. We had to go hunt down a waitress to get a refill on coffee. It also took quite a while to get our food. We are three women and we all left there hungry still and unsatisfied. This was a very disappointing experience. We spent 3 days on the island and this is the only negative review that I will write. We are returning to the island come October and will definitely not be coming back here. Again, I hate writing reviews like this but I wanted to share our experience. I would suggest avoiding this place.

5  Thank venus1720

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Used to go to the Chuckwagon all the time for a great value, but since Jessie left it's not the same. That's OK, found the Pancake House and it is great. I work in a breakfast restaurant and I am always impressed how the whole staff seems to buzz around the restaurant and help one another with refills, etc, great energy in this place. Prices are reasonable for Mackinac and they are TRUE buttermilk hotcakes. Seating can get limited however.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My experience there was great. The staff worked hard to get us seated even though they were buisy. It had the best food. It is also cheap, $36 for four people.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Awsome food, quick service, won't break the bank. All you can ask for!

1  Thank lemans7238
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Awesome Cinnamon French Toast! Good standard breakfast food. Not a huge place, might have a wait during busy season.