“Clean, beautiful and convenient!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metivier Inn

Metivier Inn
“Clean, beautiful and convenient!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I researched a lot of B&B's and hotels on Mackinac before deciding on the Metevier Inn. It is extremely convenient, only one block from main street. The grounds are absolutely stunning with an abundance of flowers. The owners and staff were professional. Great service delivering and storing luggage so we could navigate the island even after check-out. The rooms were extremely clean (I am pretty picky about that). Breakfast was great...I would definitely stay there again!

1 Thank Razberriez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grand Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

The Metivier Inn is beautiful, clean, comfortable and a very enjoyable place to stay. The staff is so friendly and will do anything to help improve your stay. The location is the best. Very quiet but a short walk from the ferry dock and you can walk to all the restaurants on the main street. We stayed 2 nights abd did not want to leave. If you want to stay at a B&B on the Island, the Metivier Inn is the best choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MattandBing
Willmar, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

We had a great time at Mackinac Island. The Metevier was very nice. Location was great, central to everything there. We had a couple of weird housekeeping issues, but everything was promptly taken care of when we asked. Yes, as with the other reviews, the shower is small. All of the food was good. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend without reservation. My hat is off to the young man who put all of our luggage on the basket of his bicycle and rode it up the hill from the ferry!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary at the Metivier. From Lucas to Bob to George and Blanca it was a great stay! The room and Inn is SO clean! We will never stay anywhere else but the Metivier. Breakfast was outstanding and very filling. We felt at home and comfortable. Leave your cell phones in the room and enjoy every minute!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Three Rivers, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We absolutely LOVED the Metivier. The owners and staff are friendly, professional, and accomodating. The inn and its grounds are gorgeous. Will be staying again!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband & I highly recommend Metivier Inn. This was our fourth trip to Mackinac Island. We have stayed at the Grand Hotel & Iroquois Hotel, both with their own uniqueness. And once at Mission Point with the children, worst place to stay for many reasons. However, now after my stay at Metivier, we have found a place to return to year after year. I felt at home here & spoiled by the Inn keepers David & Blanca. Our room was the Grand View, with our own private patio & whirlpool. I truly felt like I was in paradise. Waking up in the morning to a soft rain & seeing the beautiful hydrangeas out my window with the sound of horse hoofs clip-clopping in the distance. It is a slower pace & that’s why we come here & stay for days. The breakfast was over the top. David & Blanca served hot oatmeal with homemade granola, yogurt, hot egg dish, sausage, fresh fruit bowl, pastry with huge slices of apple in it ( I can still taste it, so good ), gourmet breads, coffees & teas. Oh, & cereals for the kids. My husband & I love to bike, usually until dark & this breakfast kept us going! This Inn is perfect – the flowers – the service – the breakfast – the porch for people watching – the room & private patio. Please don’t change a thing. Visitor tips for the Island : Bring your own bike, stay away from Main street except for getting Fudge, pack a lunch & sit on the shore, eat at the Tea room & get there at 11 for a table under the yellow umbrella, tour the Grand Hotel , bike every possible road & stay over night because it is so quiet & beautiful. My teenage kids even enjoyed themselves on the Island, without their video games! Our next trip will be with all the kids & we will be only staying at Metivier Inn. Thank you so much for a perfect vacation get away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BikePrincess
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

I loved my stay at the Metivier Inn! The employees are very friendly and accomodating, the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The inn has a wonderful porch that wraps around the building and beautiful flower beds. It's very close to everything. I would strongly recommend the Metivier to anyone interested in visiting the island.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple