“Perfect!”

Metivier Inn
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary at the Metivier. From Lucas to Bob to George and Blanca it was a great stay! The room and Inn is SO clean! We will never stay anywhere else but the Metivier. Breakfast was outstanding and very filling. We felt at home and comfortable. Leave your cell phones in the room and enjoy every minute!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We absolutely LOVED the Metivier. The owners and staff are friendly, professional, and accomodating. The inn and its grounds are gorgeous. Will be staying again!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband & I highly recommend Metivier Inn. This was our fourth trip to Mackinac Island. We have stayed at the Grand Hotel & Iroquois Hotel, both with their own uniqueness. And once at Mission Point with the children, worst place to stay for many reasons. However, now after my stay at Metivier, we have found a place to return to year after year. I felt at home here & spoiled by the Inn keepers David & Blanca. Our room was the Grand View, with our own private patio & whirlpool. I truly felt like I was in paradise. Waking up in the morning to a soft rain & seeing the beautiful hydrangeas out my window with the sound of horse hoofs clip-clopping in the distance. It is a slower pace & that’s why we come here & stay for days. The breakfast was over the top. David & Blanca served hot oatmeal with homemade granola, yogurt, hot egg dish, sausage, fresh fruit bowl, pastry with huge slices of apple in it ( I can still taste it, so good ), gourmet breads, coffees & teas. Oh, & cereals for the kids. My husband & I love to bike, usually until dark & this breakfast kept us going! This Inn is perfect – the flowers – the service – the breakfast – the porch for people watching – the room & private patio. Please don’t change a thing. Visitor tips for the Island : Bring your own bike, stay away from Main street except for getting Fudge, pack a lunch & sit on the shore, eat at the Tea room & get there at 11 for a table under the yellow umbrella, tour the Grand Hotel , bike every possible road & stay over night because it is so quiet & beautiful. My teenage kids even enjoyed themselves on the Island, without their video games! Our next trip will be with all the kids & we will be only staying at Metivier Inn. Thank you so much for a perfect vacation get away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BikePrincess
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I loved my stay at the Metivier Inn! The employees are very friendly and accomodating, the rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The inn has a wonderful porch that wraps around the building and beautiful flower beds. It's very close to everything. I would strongly recommend the Metivier to anyone interested in visiting the island.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mississippi1756
Houston
Reviewed August 20, 2009

As the tour guides pass the inn we hear them say, "this is the best inn on the island." We whole-heartedly agree. Each time we stay at the Metivier Inn we want to stay longer next time. The ambiance of the inn is perfect with several porches and areas to relax in solitude, or observe the fabulous gardens. The gardens are exquisitely planned, groomed, and the object of several painters on the island. The bedrooms are typical hotel room size with everything you need, up-to-date televisions, and most importantly, VERY comfortable beds. Finally, the service is friendly, prompt and accommodating. With the ideal location, I recommend this inn to all for a great vacation.

1 Thank 20137-on-the-go
pentwater, mi
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I chose the Metivier Inn because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. Let me start by saying this is not a typical bed & breakfast. The Inn has 22 rooms. It gets very crowded in the high season. Also, I paid for a standard plus room (not the cheapest) and we were put on the 3rd floor in a room that you could barely turn around in. We counted the steps from the street and there were 41 steps to get to our room. If anyone in your party is elderly or has any limitations you need to let the Inn know BEFORE you make a reservation.....otherwise be prepared to climb!
The people are very pleasant and polite! The gardens are beautiful. The porches are also nice. This Inn has been re-done in the Victorian manner of the Island.
The breakfast is filling but NOT gourmet as they advertise. My husband and I have stayed at the Windermere, the Grand Hotel and Stonecliffe on the Island and we would recommend the Windermere over the Metivier Inn at this point. Let's put it this way......if you like a small room for $215.00 a night and love to climb steps....this is the place for you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jegaPentwater_Mi
central Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The Metivier Inn has become our home away from home for extended family vacations. Everyone who has joined us over the years has fallen in love with the place. The hosts are the best, the accommodations are very nice and comfortable, the location is nearly perfect (except the year while they were building the new medical clinic next door), and the place is the talk of the island due to the beautiful landscaping. Breakfasts are wonderful, as are the afternoon treats. The porches are perfect for sitting and listening to the passing of the horses. You can even rent one to ride directly across the street. And no, the showers are not perfect---rather small and not convenient for those who are tall.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family