“Wonderful and relaxing!”
Review of Haan's 1830 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Haan's 1830 Inn
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed two nights in early October, and were very pleased. Our room was comfortable, the continental breakfast was delicious, and the hosts were very friendly and informative. The inn has ample porches to sit and watch the horse carriages and bicycles go by. We would definitely recommend Haan's.

Room Tip: Some rooms may have direct access to a porch.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DavePortland

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I have stayed on the Island many times but never at Haan's until my most recent trip to the Island. It was everything my friend and I were looking for: clean and comfortable rooms with the charm of the 1800's; kind, helpful inn keepers (Larry and Ruth); and very reasonable rates. The location is perfect for those not wanting to be right in town, yet close enough to easily walk to the shops and restaurants. Chocolate chip cookies and coffee were avaiable all day and the breakfast was filling with many different breads, coffee cakes, cereals, coffee, juices and hard bolied eggs. We were there the last week of the season and are already talking about returning next year. I highly recommend Haan's to anyone looking for a relaxing and fun getaway to the Island.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank umgoblueToledo_Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was the last night of a two week vacation for me & my husband. I knew it would be a perfect ending as I have stayed at Haan's before. This is a very clean home renovated with a variety of room styles for all tastes. we had a small but romantic room. A covered porch was outside our window and it's just far enough outside of town that there's no nighttime commotion. The breakfast is a very nice selection of fruits and baked goods served in a beautiful dinning room. Our hosts (I truelly apologize I've forgotton their names) were most hospitable. They mingle with their guests making everyone feel like old friends. I can't think of anything negative to say about this B&B. You get everything you might expect and more. Being on the island you expect to pay higher prices for places to stay but the prices at Haan's beat most. I would recommend anyone check this place out before you check elsewhere. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room in this place. Each has quality amenities depending on your personal pref...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sheree101
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We spent three nights here, and it was totally enjoyable. Larry and Ruth were hosting us in the absence of the owner, who was back home teaching school. They were absolutely terrific, helping us in every way possible, including chilling our nightly bottle of wine and providing wine glasses. They advised us as to things to do on the Island and where to eat. They made our visit so memorable. The Inn itself is very atmospheric, clean, and nicely located just east of "downtown," adjacent to the Catholic Church. Very reasonable rates for the Island. We all agreed we stayed at the best place on the Island. Who needs the Grand?!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gpater
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed 2 nights Aug 31 & Sept 1. The Inn is a short walking distance from downtown - located next to the beautiful St Anne's Catholic Church. The room was clean. The breakfast was good with a variety of baked goods, cereal, boiled egges, juice and coffee. The managers, Ruth and Larry was excellent! There were cookies and coffee available each night. All of the properties on the island are well maintained with beautiful flowers and lawns. My only suggestion would be that Haan's needs more care on the outside with flowers and shrubery. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TillyYorktown_IN
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We visited with our 2 children (grandpa stayed in adjoining room) for 4 nights during August. This was our second stay to Haan's and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The prices are really reasonable for the type of accommodation- I would highly recommend this b and b to a family with young children. A deluxe continental breakfast in the morning served varied baked goods each morning, small boxes of cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, canned fruit, juices and coffee. While breakfast was very good, I would have preferred fresh fruit over canned fruit, or perhaps more variation with the canned fruit (it was a tropical fruit salad each morning we were there.) The coffee was very good- it would have been nice to have coffee available all day, instead of just during breakfast. The innkeeper and her daughter were very kind, providing us with ice for our cooler and making phone calls to arrange taxi service. We are already looking forward to our visit next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank hadfam
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I booked this B&B after seeing a special on Mackinac Island's hotel and B&B reviews. I drove up over Memorial Day weekend. I left my rental car at Shleper's ferry and came over on their ferry. I stayed two nights in the Jacob room on the second floor. I liked the room, nice hosts, quiet atmosphere, and the outdoor porches. I read at night in the screened upstairs porch. They have cards and board games if you wish to play. I loved the fresh baked foods and made up table. I intend to come back next year for Memorial weekend. They made me feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo